Illustrator Help

pcgd

I would suggest downloading a font management app. Linotype's Font Explorer X is free and freakishly awesome. It also includes auto-activate plugins for most professional design software, including Photoshop and Illustrator. I don't know where I would be without this app.

Linotype Font Explorer X

I'm glad to see they finally made a PC version of the software. I'll be downloading it tonight for sure.

I'll have to try that, but will have to wait it looks like.

"Since our testing period has ended, we have removed the free download of the beta Windows version from our website. As soon as the new version is released, free downloading will resume."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me, in detail, how this is done? I have a basic idea, but I have yet to really master it. If someone could give me the steps, that would be perfect and I would know for sure that I will be doing this correctly.

picture1.png

Just the part where he has "Jerry's Race" "Against Childhood Diseases".

I appreciate anyones help. A link to a tutorial would be fine as well!

If you're talking about the black shadow under the ribbon, it looks like it's a black shape drawn under the ribbon to match the path of the ribbon and placed behind it.

That's what I figured but thought there might have been a different way of going about it.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HELP!!!

I got a issue going on here...that's bugging the crap out of me!

Okay...first, what you need to know: this issue exists with my Ully CS2 for my Mac. For whatever reason, my selection tool (regulat black arrow) is acting up. You know how whenever you go to click on and select an object with the selection tool, that "transform" box usually comes up around it (that allows you to resize, shrink, scale, or warp an object)? Well...I don't know what I did, but mine ain't doing it no more! I looked through the Preferences trying to find out what's up...no dice. When I go to click on an object, it selects only the object, but won't let me transform it at all (almost like the direct selection tool, only without being able to click directly on a path or a point.)

Hopefully someone out there can help a brotha out with this here...cuz this is bugging the living hell out of me!!!

Thanks in advance...

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

HELP!!!

Okay...first, what you need to know: this issue exists with my Ully CS2 for my Mac. For whatever reason, my selection tool (regulat black arrow) is acting up. You know how whenever you go to click on and select an object with the selection tool, that "transform" box usually comes up around it (that allows you to resize, shrink, scale, or warp an object)? Well...I don't know what I did, but mine ain't doing it no more! I looked through the Preferences trying to find out what's up...no dice. When I go to click on an object, it selects only the object, but won't let me transform it at all (almost like the direct selection tool, only without being able to click directly on a path or a point.)

Hopefully someone out there can help a brotha out with this here...cuz this is bugging the living hell out of me!!!

Thanks in advance...

~Buc

go to view > show bounding box. you must've hit Cmd-Shift-B by accident.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance...

~Buc

go to view > show bounding box. you must've hit Cmd-Shift-B by accident.

That musta been what i did--I knew I hit something wrong. That did the trick. Good look big homie!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Could someone give me a quick breakdown on adding an outline to logos in CS4, such as the logos off this site? I just can't seem to figure it out.

I don't have CS4, but I wouldn't think it's different from CS3.....

Click on whatever object you want outlined, then go up to Object>Path>Offset Path. Then, type in a size. Or, you could always just add a stroke in the colors palette, and then go to Object>Expand.

Hopefully that helps.

Could someone give me a quick breakdown on adding an outline to logos in CS4, such as the logos off this site? I just can't seem to figure it out.

Click on whatever object you want outlined, then go up to Object>Path>Offset Path. Then, type in a size. Or, you could always just add a stroke in the colors palette, and then go to Object>Expand.

Hopefully that helps.

Okay, but say for example I wanted to outline the Colorado Avalanche primary logo from the site, but when I copy it into Illustrator its still a .gif file, so when I select it it doesn't select the image itself but rather the dimensions like this. What I'm trying to do is just added a white outline to the logo itself so for concepts its more correct rather than on the Avalanche home jersey the burgundy isn't touching the logo but there's a white outline separating the logo and the burgundy. Does that make any sense?

8prlQWA.png

Hopefully that helps.

Okay, but say for example I wanted to outline the Colorado Avalanche primary logo from the site, but when I copy it into Illustrator its still a .gif file, so when I select it it doesn't select the image itself but rather the dimensions like this. What I'm trying to do is just added a white outline to the logo itself so for concepts its more correct rather than on the Avalanche home jersey the burgundy isn't touching the logo but there's a white outline separating the logo and the burgundy. Does that make any sense?

Hopefully I'm getting this right....

From what I've gathered, the logo you're using isn't vector, meaning it's a gif/jpeg/png rather than a eps or ai....is that right? If you need a vector file, I think I have it somewhere, then you can do the offset path thing I listed above.