Illustrator Help

pcgd

ok i've got a question thats been bugging me-

everytime i go to do text in a rouded arch around a circle, it distorts the text to be really wide and bulgey and weird - how do i get it to stay normal but get it around a circle?

Are you typing on a path or warping the text.

It sounds like you are warping your text. Try typing on a path instead. All you have to do is draw your path, click close to that path with your text tool, and you are done.

Nobody here knows how to do this?

I've seen the work of some of you guys and it is really impressive. I thought this would be a pretty simple request with the talent level on this board.

If I am asking for some trade secret that must never be shared then I apologize... :)

mvps.jpg

Check out the tutorials at The Web Machine.  Under illustrator, there is one for fake 3d effects.

Thanks alot quantumfreak! I took the tutorial and soon after was able to create this rendering of my intended subject:

e9f3ep.jpg compare with dolphinsnumbers.jpg

Not too bad for a first effort. Obviously I need to increase the angle of the 3d portion. I will keep practicing. This was a little different in the tutorial in the fact that it uses 3 colors instead of the tutorials 2 colors.

mvps.jpg

Is there an easy way to do this?

eim9np.jpg

I want to fill in the background only in areas behind my drawing...

I guess it requires a masking technique but I am not sure how to do that..

For illustration purposes I drew in the black lines manually but on a large piece of artwork that would become very tiresome. ^_^

Any help would be great. Thanks.

mvps.jpg

eim9np.jpg

For illustration purposes I drew in the black lines manually but on a large piece of artwork that would become very tiresome.  ^_^

I'd be thinking of tracing around just the outline of the top drawing to make one shape.

Then make a black box behind the drawing, then make the drawing a Clipping Path.

When you place this under the top drawing, only the background will show thorugh.

wysinwyg.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

eim9np.jpg

For illustration purposes I drew in the black lines manually but on a large piece of artwork that would become very tiresome.  ^_^

I'd be thinking of tracing around just the outline of the top drawing to make one shape.

Then make a black box behind the drawing, then make the drawing a Clipping Path.

When you place this under the top drawing, only the background will show thorugh.

wysinwyg.jpg

You... You're good. :D

mvps.jpg

When using images that are web ready how do I select only what I want from it? You know when you click "save as", and you get say for example a box with white surrounding the logo you want to use?

Thanks

don't 'save as'. use the 'save for web' function and make sure you are saving a transparent .gif file....i think that's what you were asking.

Sorry, I'll try to be a little clearer.

I enjoy doing some of the jersey concepts etc, but I am horrible at making new logos etc. What I am trying to do is this:

I went to a certain team website and saved a picture that I thought would look good on a jersey. When I saved it though, it keeps showing up with white surrounding the logo (it is a .jpg).

Is it possible to edit this logo in Illustrator to remove only the material I would like to work with, and not the white surrounding it?

alright guys I'm extremely new to illustrator, heck, my computer is so old i could only download a trial of illustrator 10. this is probably the stupidest question ever but....i cant figure out how to add color. Is there like a dump paint feature? Every time i use paintbrush, after about 3 strokes it all disapears. Can you help me?

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/