Other Design Help

pcgd

Buy Illustrator.

Anywho, I'm just curious— Can anyone tell me how to convert text to outlines in Illustrator and InDesign? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Click on your textbox, go to Type>Create Outlines. Done.

Or, Apple (or ctrl, if you're a PC :rolleyes::P ) + Shift + O

Buy Illustrator.

Anywho, I'm just curious? Can anyone tell me how to convert text to outlines in Illustrator and InDesign? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Click on your textbox, go to Type>Create Outlines. Done.

Or, Apple (or ctrl, if you're a PC :rolleyes::P ) + Shift + O

No need for rolly eyes, my friend. I've been a proud Mac owner since October! Thanks for the help!

Sigs are for sissies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys. I just recently started drawing out designs, and got them scanned to the computer as a jpeg. When I open them in Inkscape and convert them to vector, it is impossible to continue with the designs because I have to use the fill tool to fill in he space between the drawings, instead of having them broken up smaller into actual lines and paths. Is there any easier way toconvert sketches to vector, or is this all I can do in Inkscape? Hopefully this all makes sense. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, quick Inkscape question: (I'm new with inkscape, this could be something very easy to fix)

I'm trying to join a square I made with the shape tool to a bezier curve I made.

Right now it looks like this:

inkscapehelp1.jpg

i want it to look something like this:

inkscapehelp2.jpg

Whenever i try to use the union tool, the curve disappears, and the square is just there. I would just make a bunch of lines and curves, but I want the exact dimensions of a perfect square, which would be much easier with the shape tool. (I'm trying to make a baseball field if that helps at all.) Any ideas???

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nice tutorial GBM. I think that would be more helpful than if you tried to type it out anyway. I just downloaded Inkscape to try it out. It seems pretty cool, but I can't get the pen tool to work right. It's a bit different than Illustrator. Any insight?

Well, how do you mean? You're right, it is different. But it's similar. Draw your shape with the Bezier Path tool like you would in Illustrator, but if you want to edit the path afterwards, go to the node tool and click on the path. Then you can edit all the nodes, kind of like the Direct Selection tool. Basically it's all condensed into those two tools. The Node tool can also add points, join nodes, etc., like the tools in the Pen Tool drop-down menu would.

What is confusing you about it?

Here, I was lazy, so a screencast for you. :)

Sorry I sound like crap, it's a bad mic and I'm losing my voice.

Hey, thanks a lot. Thats perfect

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Well, how do you mean? You're right, it is different. But it's similar. Draw your shape with the Bezier Path tool like you would in Illustrator, but if you want to edit the path afterwards, go to the node tool and click on the path. Then you can edit all the nodes, kind of like the Direct Selection tool. Basically it's all condensed into those two tools. The Node tool can also add points, join nodes, etc., like the tools in the Pen Tool drop-down menu would.

What is confusing you about it?

I'm having a hard time making a corner after making a curved line. In illustrator, I would click on where I want to start, then clicking where I want the line to finish. I would then drag the mouse to make the curve. I would then have two choices, click on another point, making a large curve around the last point (problem I am having), or clicking on the second point and then clicking on the third point to make another curve. Does that make any sense?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have another question...

Say I am drawing a path and I am trying to close it up. How do I connect the first node that I drew to the last one I drew. Whenever I try to connect two ends of a path, the line I am trying to draw disappears. Any help?

sigpurp.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...