Other Design Help

pcgd

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 07/03/2017 at 10:55 AM, mmatschi said:

i hope, im right here!? :blush:
anyone a idea how works this or have a Tutorial/Workflow for this?

12565582_10208516591050911_1443898800294900341_n.jpg

Woah! While I would never be able to do that, I think what happened is two versions of the same photo (one with the other uniform photoshopped on) are placed one on top of the other, and the areas where it is ripping are erased, with a shadow around the edges to make it look realistic.

• 9 months later...

c445a398e50e5f74efb75d5aa8cafb04.png

I've been working on a project that requires a black on black camo that doesn't have any gray, as per the request of my client. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty forming a combination that would keep all the dark colors in the palette in the same spectrum without going to different undertones, and as dark as possible while being printable on the spandex fabric. 

The colors I'm currently using are 

Process Black C for the base

Hex: 2221ef, 2f2f30, and 37393a

I've been told that this set appears too gray for my customer's liking printed out, and I believe 2f2f30 is the code that goes askew as far as tone goes.I was hoping that someone around here would be willing to help out with some suggestions or pointers.

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

• 4 months later...

I have a general design question that doesn’t warrant its own thread, so I am posting it here. If this is the wrong place, feel free to remove. 

My question - Could a color scheme/package of navy, light blue, orange, and green ever look cohesive enough to be deemed professional? 

54 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

I have a general design question that doesn’t warrant its own thread, so I am posting it here. If this is the wrong place, feel free to remove. 

My question - Could a color scheme/package of navy, light blue, orange, and green ever look cohesive enough to be deemed professional? 

Sure, I mean, any colour scheme can look professional if it's used logically and the proportions are balanced. Your proposed scheme reminded me of the Fisherman-era NY Islanders, where maybe you could swap out the grey for a light blue and make the teal more green.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 2:46 PM, Jbadger9 said:

Looking to start designing some logos, what do you all think is the best program for designing logos or uniforms?

Frankly, I would start with good old fashioned pencils and paper. You don't want the learning curve of software hampering your creativity. Not speaking for the others, usually logos are hand-drawn anyway before they are scanned, traced, and refined in the software. That said, as far as software goes, I would suggest a vector program, and rather than invest in Adobe Illustrator right off the bat, go with Inkscape, which is free and has all the capabilities you would need as a beginner. The concepts of paths, curves, fills, etc., are pretty fundamental to any of the vector programs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I’m relatively new to Inkscape. This happened once before, but I have no idea how I fixed it. When I add a shape it doesn’t appear. The outline looks different than normal as well, with one corner not being there. Anybody know how to fix this?DKMrlBX.jpg

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Could you elaborate further? 

I forget from where, but look up “paint.net gravity plugin” and it should come up. If you’d put text on top of a rectangle, put it over a curve and fill in the space between the curve and the bottom of the layer, the plugin should curve the text (or pattern).

• Like 1

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• 1 year later...

What's the communities thoughts on trading mock ups? I'm trying to save some money by looking for a few basic 3D apparel mocks like a hoodie, shorts, and sleeveless jerseys.

Have several other mock ups I'm willing to trade. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Have any of y'all tried the Adobe Firefly Beta test? Starting playing with it today to see how close I could get it to do a digital art version of the 1996 Olympic Logo as a trial and it's been pretty fun. Though it sure can't tell the difference between the state of Georgia and the country. Had a bunch of ideas for state based images but it keeps using the country's outline. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png