Funny injuries

OMMF

My favorite all-time "funny" injury has to involve former Brewers pitcher Steve Sparks. About 10-12 years ago, the Brewers invited a motivational speaker to spring training to talk to the team. One of the things the speaker did during his speech was tear a phone book in half. Sparks was so motivated by this that he tried to do the same thing, only he separated his shoulder in the process.

:lol:

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about when NFL official Jeff Triplette accidentally hit Browns OT Orlando Brown in the eye with a BB-weighted flag. obrown.jpg

Then Orlando knocked him on his A$$!

(That was kinda funny! :D )

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't recall his name, but how about the Jaguars kicker who cut himself with the axe? Not that an axe injury is funny, but it was a team motivation thing, he was chopping a piece of wood in the locker room or something.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the time when John Smoltz got hot water squirted on him by an iron. Of course the original story was that he was ironing his shirt while he was wearing it. :wacko:

And Drew Gooden missed a game once with infected hair folicles :therock:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I don't recall his name, but how about the Jaguars kicker who cut himself with the axe? Not that an axe injury is funny, but it was a team motivation thing, he was chopping a piece of wood in the locker room or something.

didn't the coach cut him...I mean with the axe not from the team.

That wasn't a joke.

What about when NFL official Jeff Triplette accidentally hit Browns OT Orlando Brown in the eye with a BB-weighted flag. obrown.jpg

Then Orlando knocked him on his A$$!

(That was kinda funny! :D )

Brown still suffers vision problems to this day. He didn't think it was that funny, that's why he attacked the ref.

Accidents happen. But this is why I toss my penalty flags at the spot of the foul, I don't toss them straight up.

The Boston Herald used to have a list of the odd baseball injuries, and the winner was awarded the "Mickey Klutts Injury of the Week". Klutts was aptly named, he was very prone to injury by unusual circumstances.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not really funny-

Triple-A Nashville's Rick Helling was impaled in his left arm by a piece of a broken bat tonight and taken to a hospital.

That's gotta suck. ''[New Orleans' Craig] Kuzmic fouled off a pitch, the bat shattered and it ended up in three or four shards,'' Nashville team spokesman Doug Scopel said. ''One of the shards ended up in Helling's left forearm.'' It's uncertain whether Helling will be spending the night in the hospital. May. 28 - 12:38 am et

and another-

Freddy Sanchez needed some stitches to close a cut on his left wrist after he was hit by the barrel of a broken bat on the final play of tonight's game.

Sanchez was hit by the bat while he tried to field the chopper that ended the game against the Pirates. Consider him day-to-day. May. 27 - 11:29 pm et

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

There are many funny injuries that I can remember, but my all time favorite has to be Pat O'Leary. When he was a member of the Minnesota Golden Gophers Hockey team a few years back, he had to miss a weekend series when he burned his hand taking a Pop Tart out of the toaster.

I can't remember for sure, but didn't Trent Green knock himself out of a game once by headbutting a wall in the endzone on purpose after scoring a touchdown? I thought he did that whlie still a starter with the Rams and that was the reason Kurt Warner got his chance to start at quarteback.

I also recall somone doing the same thing a couple of years later with the Redskins, but my memory is kinda fuzzy. Hmmm...maybe I ran into a wall too? :blink:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I can't remember for sure, but didn't Trent Green knock himself out of a game once by headbutting a wall in the endzone on purpose after scoring a touchdown? I thought he did that whlie still a starter with the Rams and that was the reason Kurt Warner got his chance to start at quarteback.

I also recall somone doing the same thing a couple of years later with the Redskins, but my memory is kinda fuzzy. Hmmm...maybe I ran into a wall too? :blink:

Oh yeah. I can't remember who it was either, but he did suffer a season ending head injury. Don't forget about Martin (?) Grammatica's leg injury after celebrating a field goal :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Gus Frerotte was the head butter. I thought Trent pulled his ACL to open up to Kurt.

But I don't know, I tend to be wrong on this stuff. :wacko:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

No, you were right about good 'ole Gus...

"Gus ?Dear God, Don?t Headbutt the Wall? Frerotte will be making the start.

He sprained his neck when he head-butted the wall at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium after scrambling 1 yard for a touchdown in a 1997 game against the New York Giants. Frerotte wound up going to the hospital at halftime, and Washington Redskins finished in a 7-7 tie. "

I'm still trying to remeber who on the Rams hit the wall. I was sure it was Trent Green, but I can't find anything that says he hit a wall. I did however find several passages about how he headbutts his own teammates when they do well. Maybe he'll knock out one of his own teammates someday soon. :wacko:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Didn't Sammy Sosa miss a game because of a sneeze last year?

I think he had a whole DL stint from it. Pulled a muscle in his back sneezing.

How is that even possible??

Because steroids make your muscles more prone to injury.

There I said it. May the wrath of John McCain fall on me. :P

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I remember Glenallen Hill's injury from 1990... definately the strangest one in my lifetime -- look it up and laugh away :)

Rickey Henderson also missed a game due to frostbite in the Summer of 1993

Here is a nice list of baseball injuries

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/holloman/020307.html

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I can't remember for sure, but didn't Trent Green knock himself out of a game once by headbutting a wall in the endzone on purpose after scoring a touchdown?  I thought he did that whlie still a starter with the Rams and that was the reason Kurt Warner got his chance to start at quarteback.

I also recall somone doing the same thing a couple of years later with the Redskins, but my memory is kinda fuzzy.  Hmmm...maybe I ran into a wall too?  :blink:

Oh yeah. I can't remember who it was either, but he did suffer a season ending head injury. Don't forget about Martin (?) Grammatica's leg injury after celebrating a field goal :D

I already mention that one, but it was his brother Bill Gramatica of the Cardinals, not Martin.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Had to update this one tonight?

Derek Lowe injured himself during the game tonight against the Cubs. After he gave up 4 runs, he goes into the dugout, waits for a few teammates to walk past him, then picks up a stool and throws it down the tunnel (nowhere near anybody). In this tiny incident of rage, Lowe gets a gash on the inside of his right wrist, his throwing hand.

Upon seeing the new injury, Lowe screamed again, and had to be coddled by Jim Tracy with a lollipop and soothing hug.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived