Magic changing unis

Discrim

I think Mike makes a fair point! Not saying they arent the new Magic jerseys, but it does seem untypical for something like this to leak out without a big launch, maybe they just quickly mocked something up for this pic, before launching a more glam shirt later on??

not sure, but this is probably it.  if it was a mockup, they would have possibly used something like what they wear in the D-league.  that said, i'm sticking with my opinion until they announce it.  but yeah, this 'leak' is weird.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

This is on the Magic's website:

The Magic will unveil a new uniform and logo as the team "tips off" its 15th anniversary season on August 1, 2003 outside City Hall in downtown Orlando (time TBA). Players Drew Gooden and Reece Gaines will be on hand to model the newest uniforms. This is the third uniform in 15 years beginning in 1989 with the famous pinstripes and followed by the Jhane Barnes-designed star jersey of the last five years. The event is open to the public and fans are invited to attend.

Guess we'll see on Friday...

I'm really disappointed with the decision to switch it up this year. I thought that the design with the stars kind of "sublimated" into the jersey was awesome. I also really liked how they worked the classic Orlando Magic pinstripes into the jersey without them dominating. The new ones seem too plain. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

They're changing their logo again? I thought they got it perfect last time.

this must be teh newest trend...get a top notch logo and the perfect uniform to go with them, then screw everything up by changing to something inferior (i.e. sonics, southern miss, UMass, Brewers)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived