General Design Contest #1

Mac the Knife

I'm spending the Memorial Day holiday weekend in my old hometown in Pennsylvania, and while visiting a friend of mine learned that he's following in my radio footsteps, having secured a slot on the local college's campus radio station, just as I did... gasp! 24 years ago!

He's asked me to do some voice-over work for him (show intro, liners, etc.), and I thought it'd be a nice touch to surprise him by coupling my work with a logo for his show. What he'd do with it I have no idea, but I thought it'd be something to bowl him over with.

The name of the show is "Rock n' Roll Classics with Tom Potts", and the station is WIUP-FM, should anyone want to try and incorporate the call sign into their design. The show is rooted in the music of the 1960's and 70's, so while colors and layout are up to each designer, it'd probably be a good idea not to tailor your effort into something that isn't reminiscent of that era.

It isn't much, but I'll offer $25 cash (well, check) to the winner of this contest (with a minimum of 4 entries - being the only one to submit anything isn't going to get it done), as determined by me from among any submissions posted here by 11:59pm ET on June 15, 2005.

Good luck!

nav-logo.png

You're and IUP'er too? Small freakin' world.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived