Prior Fractures Elbow

Cujo

The only reason I said bad news is, the cubs need help now. The timing of the trade seemed that it was going to be some solution to the current problem, pitching. To me, this is a long term solution. I'm not saying these guys are hacks, but the cubs let go a very good set up man, they just used him completely wrong. This trade is in the giants favor.

This is a stupid trade for the Gianst LaTroy Hawkins is awful and Jerome Williams is young and has loads of potential, the Gianst should hold on to young players like that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The only reason I said bad news is, the cubs need help now. The timing of the trade seemed that it was going to be some solution to the current problem, pitching. To me, this is a long term solution. I'm not saying these guys are hacks, but the cubs let go a very good set up man, they just used him completely wrong. This trade is in the giants favor.

Gotta disagree with you.

The Cubs got rid of an enigma in their pen (no matter who's fault it was), and set themself up with very good players for the future.

Hawkins has to be much better than he was with the Cubs to make this trade be good for the Giants.

Your right, this doesn't do much for the Cubs immediatley, but I don't know whether or not they meant for it too. I doubt as if they'll admit it, but I wonder if they don't feel like their season is pretty much done in terms of making the playoffs. Certainly, there is plenty of time, and a nice hot streak would put them back in the thick of things, but to this point, everything has been negative happening to them.

Damn you Mark Prior!!!!! First FRod, then Loretta, now this??? Theres a conspiract against the Pioneers.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

• 4 weeks later...

Prior is back and got the "dub" today over the best team in the majors allowing just one hit in 6 innings of work.

The Cubbies are now two games over .500 with Kerry Wood returning next week.

Can you say "Wild Card"?? ... or at least say "Not totally screwed". ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

The Cubbies gfot a real shot at a playoff spot I think. Most liekly only 1 team from the west is getting in, and if the Easy continues to beat eachother up the Cubs could slide in there. I still think they need another bat for sure though.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I still think they need another bat for sure though.

They'll be getting another bat when Nomar returns from his injury. I would like to see Chicago pick up a new left fielder because Hollandsworth isn't getting the job done at all.

6uXNWAo.png

I still think they need another bat for sure though.

They'll be getting another bat when Nomar returns from his injury. I would like to see Chicago pick up a new left fielder because Hollandsworth isn't getting the job done at all.

well zambrano needs to pick it up as well....he was really looking good early on, but lately he has been crap....they also need the catcher's spot to crank it up (both henry and barrett)...but overall I am encouraged by the way they are starting to play....dont forget though nomar wasn't exactly lighting it up when he was injured.

Archived