Least deserving MVP's?

Slater

Malone over Jordan in '97 was a joke

229031_laughing.GIF229031_laughing.GIF229031_laughing.GIF

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I agree with the article on the Gretzky one that was Lemieux award... but whats with the Nash hating... phoenix rose from the ashes literally... 27th to first and the guy gets no love... jeesh

It's all those Colorado/Utah/Florida folk who either love shaq or hate the suns.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I agree with the article on the Gretzky one that was Lemieux award... but whats with the Nash hating... phoenix rose from the ashes literally... 27th to first and the guy gets no love... jeesh

It's all those Colorado/Utah/Florida folk who either love shaq or hate the suns.

I acutally love the Suns but a player with the stats of 15.5 PPG, 11.5 APG, & 3.3 RPG just doesn't do it for me. You also forget that they signed Quentin Richardson and Amare Stoudemire & Joe Johnson also had big improvements. You can argue that they had improvements because of Nash's ball handling abilities which is true but I think this year was just a case where nobody thrived. Stockton would have kicked Nash's ass but he never would have been considered for MVP.

Tell me if I'm wrong but hasn't every past MVP been put in the Hall of Fame? I realize that you have players like Duncan, Iverson, & Garnett who are still playing but they'll definitely be put in.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Heat moved from 4th in the East to 1st.

The Suns moved from 27th in the NBA to 1st.

The Heat also gave up 3 of their starters and 3 of their 4 best players from that team that finished 4th place in the East (which was barely over .500 to begin with). The Heat's roleplayers are effective because Shaq requires a double team from all but one or two teams in the league. It's the same reason guys like the Jones' have been shut down by Detroit every time they've played.

The Suns kept the core of their lineup AND another All-Star caliber player in addition to Steve Nash, plus Jim Jackson, and Walter McCarty, two MORE guys that can shoot the three very nicely. Add to that Stoudemire having become one of the best big men in the league and his team is too damn talented.

Last year -- if the Heat and Suns switched conferences, the Heat would be in the same position that the Suns were in, and the Suns would've been competing for the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with where I live, why I feel this way. Shaq is my least favorite player -- but he's the best candidate. Steve Nash's season is no better than the one Jason Kidd had 3 years ago -- did Kidd win the MVP?

IUe6Hvh.png

The Heat's wins without Shaq came against teams like Boston (Pre-Antoine Walker trade), Orlando twice, and Chicago (the only good one), and Chicago beat them without Shaq later on. I can't find two of the other games he missed.

The games the Suns lost came at the hands of Detroit, the Wizards, Indiana (played 11 minutes), The Celtics (Post Walker trade, I believe) and the Grizzlies -- not exactly bad teams. Not to mention, the first 3 were in a stretch in which they lost 6 straight games anyway -- two of them with Nash for the full length of the game. They also beat Dallas without Nash, scoring 124 points.

IUe6Hvh.png

What was Miami's record with and without Shaq in the lineup?

What was Phoenix's record with and without Nash in the lineup?

You have to keep in mind, Miami traded most of it's talent from last year just to aquire Shaq. What would Miami's record have been last year if they didn't have Odom, Butler, and Grant on the team?? Probably just as bad as Phoenix's, if not worse.

On the other hand, Phoenix also aquired Quinten Richardson in the off-season and you can't say he hasn't produced. Add in the maturation of Amare, who is now a true superstar, and Phoenix is a much improved good team, even if Nash is on the team or not.

If you actually take time to weigh all the facts, it's pretty obvious that Shaq should have been awarded this year's MVP.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived