IndyCar drivers prove they are sexist pigs

Plaid Paint

People should also put this in to perspective. This was only her 5th race. As they say, "the jury is still out". It's nice to see how many have jumped on the Danica bandwagon already, but let's see where you are if she is a flop like so many other drivers(male and female) tend to be in auto racing. If her name had been Dan and he finished 4th, would we even have a thread? We you be saying how "great" he did? NO!

A car doesn't care if it is carrying a carrot and onions or a taco. In the end it's all about skill and luck, especially in those fragile vehicles. I say give it a few more races than 5. But really, I doubt that many on the bandwagon even care and probably only watch one race a year, the Indy 500. Hell, most only watched this ONE race because of all the hoopla.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Sure, she's got only 5 INDY races behind her.

What people tend to forget is that she was successful in the Toyota Atlantic Series (the AAA to Indy Series). Last year, she was 3rd in points which included 10 top 5's in 12 races and was 6th the previous year. Even non-race fans can recognize that as having some talent.

Bottom line is...she isn't this flash in the pan, out for headlines, one race wonder.

Once she learns HOW to win....she'll be a threat to win each week.

And I'll be rooting her on.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

she was the first woman to lead a lap at the indy 500. That's impressive no matter what. How many successful male drivers haven't done that?

She deserves the hoopla.

I didn't say it wasn't impressive. But she was only the 4th women, so 1 in 4 women can lead the Indy 500. :D

I didn't say she didn't deserve the hoopla.

What I questioned was all the bandwagon people jumping on board.

And ROCH, why didn't we hear all these facts and your confidence in her BEFORE Indy? Talent in AAA doesn't guarantee success in the bigs. She also finished 4th before this race. Now she is a target, other racers will race her harder and give her less room. Regardless of boy or girl, she's a rookie that made them look bad.

More importantly will Rahall/Letterman stick by her if she hits a dry spell? She doesn't have the convienence of the Foyt boys, who all suck, to have grand daddy's name on the side of the car.

I just wonder how many board members even remeber who Danica Patrick is in 6 months. <_< If nothing else was accomplished yesterday, she at least became a Tank Stumper one day.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

And complaining because her weight (which averages 50 or so pounds less than the other drivers) which added to her car, is less than the other drivers, is misogynistic how?

They weren't complaining because she has a vagina. They're complaining because she's tiny. Put a jockey in the cockpit and you'd have the same situation.

Oh please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There have been lighter drivers before this but they were all men, so the whole macho bullshhit ethos was in full sway.

This is sexism and mysoginy, pure and simple.

so you're saying women shouldn't be barefoot and in the kitchen?

***ducks and waits for the feminist onslaught***

What did the woman do when her watch broke?

Nothing. There's a clock on the stove.....

Where does her gender come into this at all -- he said it's because she weighs like 70 lbs less than anybody else in the circuit.

He's right, she does have an advatange because of her weight, but that's all part of the game.  If you stuck 200 lb jockeys on horses they wouldn't win either.

As I said before her gender comes into this because there have been any number of male drivers over the years who are fairly lightweight, but because they were all men, the usual macho ethos bullplop held sway and no one like Gordon bothered to bitch and whine about it.

But as soon as a woman comes onto the scene and qualifies in 4th place, Gordon can't keep his piehole shut as he's bleating and shrieking about how unfair it is that she weighs so much less.

If it was that much of a concern back when there weren't any women in the field, then why didn't he screech and bleat about it back then.

He's a sexist, sleazbag, scumhole, mysoginist, plain and simple.

And that is how her gender got into this.

[

More importantly will Rahall/Letterman stick by her if she hits a dry spell? She doesn't have the convienence of the Foyt boys, who all suck, to have grand daddy's name on the side of the car.

I think so. AFterall, they signed her back in 2002. The rewards far outwiegh the risks in their situation. If I was B.Rahal, i'd wait on Patrick for 5 years even if it took that long to come around....which it won't.

And ROCH, why didn't we hear all these facts and your confidence in her BEFORE Indy? Talent in AAA doesn't guarantee success in the bigs.

You're right. But it is fairly good at predicting success.

I just want people to know I've followed D. Patrick since she entered the TAS in 2003. I'm not a badwagon fan by any means. Anyone who knows me also knows I'm huge fan of racing at all levels and in all series.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Danica makes masturbating to car racing okay again........

Nah, seriously, she's a great racer, and i think she's a cute little irish-american girl......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And ROCH, why didn't we hear all these facts and your confidence in her BEFORE Indy? Talent in AAA doesn't guarantee success in the bigs.

You're right. But it is fairly good at predicting success.

I just want people to know I've followed D. Patrick since she entered the TAS in 2003. I'm not a badwagon fan by any means. Anyone who knows me also knows I'm huge fan of racing at all levels and in all series.

The Toyota-Atlantic series has quite a track record in producing great drivers. The series have produced drivers like Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser, Michael Andretti, Danny Sullivan, Bobby Rahal, Jacques Villeneuve, Al Unser Jr., Buddy Rice, Patrick Carpentier among others. Also, the BUSCH series is a great stepping stone to NASCAR.

Rahal/Letterman will most likely hold on to her for quite a while. Even if she may not be the best on her team, they can use her for a) publicity and b ) as a decent strategy component. Exhibit A: Rubens Barichello. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I think THIS is what you wanted to show us.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

if it really is that big of an advantage, than why isn't every driver killing themselves to lose weight, or why aren't all the teams hiring smaller women to drive their cars.

Exactly. It's not that big an advantage, or other teams would be using it.

Sounds like more little boys griping to me. :cursing:

Archived