Best NBA alternate logo

winghaz

I had some time to kill, and I was looking over NBA logos. And the alternate logos caught my eye.

So I thought I'd throw this out to all of you -- which NBA team has the best alternate logo?

My vote goes to the Hawks.

I wish the HAwk Alternate was the official. (but they could make it look a bit meaner) that would be nice.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to say the Suns' firebird logo, but I can't because of the use of the PHX and silver... I've always liked the simplicity of the Celtics' clover and the Hornets' hexagon logos. The Magic's streaking ball logo is cool, but the blue accents/shading on the ball almost ruin it for me.

For my money, on it's own, the Grizzlies' ball/claw logo is genious. Unfortuately, it doesn't fit stylistically with the primary logo, which IMO an alternate logo should do.

PHX_819.gif

No contest.

I almost agree... the overall concept and the form of the fire/bird is great. I just wish they'd lose the banner (or at least replace 'PHX' with 'Suns' or 'Phoenix') and discontinue the silver from their scheme.

Stop buggin people will ya?

I was just asking, chill out!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It never occured to me that the PHX logo was a firebird. Now that I look at it I see it and recognize how clever and well done it was.

:notworthy:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Torontos TR with the Maple leaf.

You're like the first person who I've ever heard say that so maybe you could tell me why you think it is. Don't worry, I'm not disagreeing with you.

Consider me the 2nd person. I like the TR Leaf Logo the raptors have too.

Stop buggin people will ya? It's clean, it's mildly patriotic. Now if the Raptors could clear up all the mess with everything else in their identity... that would be nice.

amen :flagcanada:

What's with a few NBA teams using abbreviations like ATL on the back of the shorts and PHX on the jersey?

Dumb trend. That's why I can't get excited over the firebird, it says PHX.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's with a few NBA teams using abbreviations like ATL on the back of the shorts and PHX on the jersey?

Dumb trend. That's why I can't get excited over the firebird, it says PHX.

229031_laughing.GIF I once thought the very same thing but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. I guess the PHX logo has grown on me but then again it's kind of like they're brain washing us. If you see any logo or uniform enough it'll start to grow on you more and more.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

PHX_819.gif

No contest.

I almost agree... the overall concept and the form of the fire/bird is great. I just wish they'd lose the banner (or at least replace 'PHX' with 'Suns' or 'Phoenix') and discontinue the silver from their scheme.

you mean like this, sorry but since I have paint, i'm not very good with these things, but I think you get the point

Sunslogomyway.png

Btw, the Suns Firebird logo is my favorite alt logo

Ew. I hate the Warrior guy.

The best alts, in my opinion, are the Knicks' subway token and the Celtics' clover. I also the like the PHX bird, although it's a little too busy for me.

The worst is the Bucks. It looks like somebody shot their primary logo and mounted it on the wall. :blink:

Archived