Baltimore Ravens Concept

Audiodrama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the silver, but didn't the Ravens stop using the logo you have on the sleeves because of a lawsuit?

I've seen this referenced many a time on this board, but never got the whole story. Could anybody enlighten me as to who sued and why?

I know it has already been addressed, but here is some additional information if you are interested.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I like the silver, but didn't the Ravens stop using the logo you have on the sleeves because of a lawsuit?

I've seen this referenced many a time on this board, but never got the whole story. Could anybody enlighten me as to who sued and why?

the controversy surounding the Ravens original logo is basically the reason major sports teams will not even look at 'avereage joes' concept/logo designs.

Basically, the Ravens stole the logo from some guy who made it. They clamied it as their own, paying the guy nothing, giving no credit (I think). All the guy wanted in the end was an autograped football, but I dont think he even got that! lawsuits ensued, Raven lose and have to change logos.

These facts may be a bit sketchy, but thats basically it.

Thanks for the info. I thought it might have been a different team having an issue, but I couldn't think of any logo that look similiar enough to merit any action.

From what I heard the guy submitted the logos to the Ravens for a name the team contest.

and I was thinking the Ravens merely had to stop using the flying shield. i know they still use the forward-facing raven head in some capacity, even giving it red eyes to match teh helmet raven...though I don't know if they still use the flying raven in any way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Unwind nice job but I always had probs with Ravens unis. I thought they got rid of purple pants with white stripe way to soon.

Nice though!!

:notworthy::notworthy:

that'd be cool except those pants were black ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the controversy surounding the Ravens original logo is basically the reason major sports teams will not even look at 'avereage joes' concept/logo designs.

Basically, the Ravens stole the logo from some guy who made it. They clamied it as their own, paying the guy nothing, giving no credit (I think). All the guy wanted in the end was an autograped football, but I dont think he even got that! lawsuits ensued, Raven lose and have to change logos.

These facts may be a bit sketchy, but thats basically it.

Thanks for the info. I thought it might have been a different team having an issue, but I couldn't think of any logo that look similiar enough to merit any action.

That's the story I heard as well. I also heard that the guy who did the original design was actually an employee of the Ravens, like a maintenance guy or something.

Home set looks good. Away set reminds me of the XFL - Hitmen/Enforcers-ish. I do like the silver better than the gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Home set looks good. Away set reminds me of the XFL - Hitmen/Enforcers-ish. I do like the silver better than the gold.

What's amazing about this post is that you can actually remember any XFL team's uniform and the team's name, too... ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived