New Orleans Hornets Concept

phayze

The purple brings back memories of the Jazz. But be careful. The NBA is so anal that the Jazz might sue the Hornets for infringement on their "identity."

Aside from that this is a great concept. They actually look like basketball uniforms. :D

i personally completely agree with the omission of teal... regardless of the fact that the sharks and jags are rivals of my stars and titans, i've always hated that color... even when i was a little kid, before any of those teams existed.

however, teal almost works for the hornets... even as i support the idea of killing teal, i think this recolor falls short.

it's a good idea, but i think the blue and purple colors are way too similar... too dark.. it loses it's detail (although with a logo like that, any loss of detail may be considered a blessing in disguise :P)

maybe try reworking the colors a little to put a little bit more difference between the shades of purple and blue, and you might be on to something.

I have to admit that I have a certain spot in my heart for teal as a colour, but these unis are looking pretty damned sweet as is. I'd actually go so far as to say these are one of the best redesigns I've seen on the board.

The only problem I can see is with the pin-striped alternate. The Hornets logo on the shorts is a bit hard to see as it blends in with the darker purple a bit too easily. You can make out the gold and whatnot, but the hornet's body itself is a little hard to pick out. Other then that, it's looking very nice.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

The purple and gold have an LSU type feel to it also, which would fit in with Louisiana as a whole as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Ack? Death to teal? :cursing: The Hornets are a few that make the teal/aqua color work, along with the Dolphins, and my beloved Sharks. Good start on the uniforms, but they remind me of the Lakers right away with the look.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The purple brings back memories of the Jazz. But be careful. The NBA is so anal that the Jazz might sue the Hornets for infringement on their "identity."

Aside from that this is a great concept. They actually look like basketball uniforms. :D

Except that the Hornets actually used to have purple alts, so how are they stealing from Utah?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Reallt nice. it's kinda like Utah and L.A. Lakers put together. Really good!

I first thought this was just too similar to the Lakers...a white, yellow, and purple jersey set. Other than that, the concept and designs are great, and I hate the current Hornet's teal, so thank you for getting rid of it!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If you really have to do pinstripes on the road set, maybe yellow pinstripes? The Pacers look like they're changing their unis for '05-'06, so it would be up for grabs. I don't like pinstripes on basketball jerseys, but it's your design. The blue doesn't stand out at all from the purple.

You could also go full Mardi Gras and add green, like almost everyone else who's tried to redo the Saints or Hornets. But your blue is nice.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The yellow doesn't come anwhere close to matching the oceans of piss and urine that run up and down Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.

Not piss *and* urine!

As for the designs, I like the home and away, but the blue-on-purple pinstripes aren't working for me.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived