Buffalo Bills 3rd Jersey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people on this thread seem to love the white helmet, but I agree with Pantone when I say that the 'standing bill' is a little TOO old fashioned.

So I thought to myself, "I wonder what the current red helmet with charging bill would look like in white. I'll mock one up."

And then I found out, that they actually already did this in the late 70s/early 80s. You can check it out here: http://www.fh2i.com/teams/nfl/buffalobills/buffalobills.html

Anyone want to make a concept of the new 'throwback' with the 'white w/charging bill' logo would look like? I'm betting better than the old white one or the current red one.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Most people on this thread seem to love the white helmet, but I agree with Pantone when I say that the 'standing bill' is a little TOO old fashioned.

So I thought to myself, "I wonder what the current red helmet with charging bill would look like in white. I'll mock one up."

And then I found out, that they actually already did this in the late 70s/early 80s. You can check it out here: http://www.fh2i.com/teams/nfl/buffalobills/buffalobills.html

Anyone want to make a concept of the new 'throwback' with the 'white w/charging bill' logo would look like? I'm betting better than the old white one or the current red one.

It wouldn't be an accurate throwback, you'd be mixing eras. The white helmet w/ charging buffalo wasn't used at the same time as that jersey.

You have to remember, this throwback is in honor of the 1965 AFL Champions. No sense in getting it only half-right, no matter how good the other helmet looks.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

It wouldn't be an accurate throwback, you'd be mixing eras. The white helmet w/ charging buffalo wasn't used at the same time as that jersey.

You have to remember, this throwback is in honor of the 1965 AFL Champions. No sense in getting it only half-right, no matter how good the other helmet looks.

You're right, I don't really care about the accuracy.

I suppose I was thinking of in terms of "they should adopt this uni permanently and use the white helmets with current logo".

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

In that case, I'll agree with both of the previous statements.

The white helmet with the charging buffalo has always been my favorite, but I definitely like the 1960's jerseys better than the 70s-90s sets.

Of course, the current home jerseys are nice, but the roads are horrid.

For the purpose of honoring the '65 Champions the standing buffalo and grey mask is perfect.

However, don't forget that the Bills did wear the blue charging buffalo logo with the old-style jerseys for one season in 1974 (although they used blue road pants that year). They changed to the wider-striped jerseys worn until 2002 in 1975.

I would like to see the Bills adopt this uniform full-time, but with the 1976-1983 blue charging buffalo/blue mask combo. And just becuase they have been inflicting the all-navy monochrome on us they would have to swear in blood "no all blue" to use royal blue road pants! :D

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they just 'happen' to start using them more and more over the next few years..

One question though. These look really really bright. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but they remind me of the Charger's powder blues with how BRIGHT the material is. Is that how they originally were back in the day?

First, they can't "happen" to wear them more often because of NFL rules. Twice is the most they can wear them in a season (perhaps three if they play on Thanksgiving some year), but it's not like the other sports where they can add games over the course of a few seasons to wear them.

Second, no the blue looks the same as the old Bills jerseys. It's definitely much darker than San Diego's powder blues. The only reason why it's be brighter is different material and the lighting.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they just 'happen' to start using them more and more over the next few years..

One question though. These look really really bright. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but they remind me of the Charger's powder blues with how BRIGHT the material is. Is that how they originally were back in the day?

First, they can't "happen" to wear them more often because of NFL rules. Twice is the most they can wear them in a season (perhaps three if they play on Thanksgiving some year), but it's not like the other sports where they can add games over the course of a few seasons to wear them.

Second, no the blue looks the same as the old Bills jerseys. It's definitely much darker than San Diego's powder blues. The only reason why it's be brighter is different material and the lighting.

Yeah, don't be swayed by the article's claim that it's a lighter Blue...the Royal Blue was 287 C in the past, remains 287 C to this day, and is more than likely 287 C in these new throwbacks as well.

WSU151's certainly correct here.

The Redskins wore their throwbacks for 8 games a few years back.

Wasn't that part of a special agreement between the Redskins and the NFL as part of their 70th anniversary celebration? I don't remember them taking them on the road, and I don't remember them bringing them back out since.. even though those uniforms were outstanding and would be a major upgrade from what they have at present.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wasn't that part of a special agreement between the Redskins and the NFL as part of their 70th anniversary celebration? I don't remember them taking them on the road, and I don't remember them bringing them back out since.. even though those uniforms were outstanding and would be a major upgrade from what they have at present.

Yes, they were a special anniversary arrangement, and they only wore them at home.

One of the best uniforms in the history of the league, too.

75th aniversary

No...70th Anniversary.

And, they still list those unis (without the anniversary patch) as "Classic" throwback uniforms...

They're still available for the 'Skins to wear if they want to.

Archived