Washington Caps Concept

MonoMan

I wanted to keep the Capitol logo, just make it more aggressive. I also wanted to get rid of the black and go for a more classic look.

capitals.jpg

Updated Version

capspacage.jpg

i like both for a home, road, alternate home and alternate road. really very, very, very good. there the capitals of the washington which is the Us capital last time I checked the US where known as the red, white and Blue. not the blue, black and goldy yellow colour.

untitled-6.jpg

I like the overall idea of returning to colors more befitting a team playing in the U.S.'s capital city. And I also like the nod to the past - I'm looking for one of the old ones that's covered in horrible gaudy stars. I'd opt for the 2nd set; no resemblance to the Canucks. It's a shame that you had to sacrifice some of the uniqueness of your design in the logo for legibiliity's sake, but it was a good move. Maybe you could find a compromise style - one that is legible enough for a logo but not as run-of-the-mill as the generic lettering style used by a lot of teams on the backs of their jerseys.

Regardless - the sleeve numbers on the 2nd sets are way too small. Minor thing, but should be fixed.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the overall idea of returning to colors more befitting a team playing in the U.S.'s capital city. And I also like the nod to the past - I'm looking for one of the old ones that's covered in horrible gaudy stars. I'd opt for the 2nd set; no resemblance to the Canucks. It's a shame that you had to sacrifice some of the uniqueness of your design in the logo for legibiliity's sake, but it was a good move. Maybe you could find a compromise style - one that is legible enough for a logo but not as run-of-the-mill as the generic lettering style used by a lot of teams on the backs of their jerseys.

Regardless - the sleeve numbers on the 2nd sets are way too small. Minor thing, but should be fixed.

I agree with everything you mentioned, Sorry about the sleeve numbers, they were meant to be larger I just did not double check it. As for the logo, I have not found the font that screams at me to use, hence the generic one I had settled for. Thanks for the thoughts.

BTW: how do I add the QUOTE (MonoMan @ Wednesday, June 1st, 2005 - 08:31:12) to the top of a quote, it's killing me.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

BTW: how do I add the QUOTE (MonoMan @ Wednesday, June 1st, 2005 - 08:31:12) to the top of a quote, it's killing me.

There is a "QUOTE" button in the top right corner of every post in a thread, so you can quote anybody you want to. I don't know how to quote more than 1 post and get that datestamp for each quote; you can still quote more than 1 post, but unless someone knows otherwise, you have to get the other quotes the way you used mine.

You can edit down the quotes as you see fit, and quotes this way do include any graphics. Just be careful - quoting a quote of a quote of a quote makes posts very long, and annoying. (I point it out because some people haven't figured this out, and this could save you the wrath of others, 'cuz it does happen...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Oh boy, the return of the clownsuits....

I think you were kindof on the right track with the blue jerseys, but I'm going to echo Sterling that the blue "checkmark" jerseys were the best they've had.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived