Best NFL Touchdown Celebration

Chief.

Imagine an entire team in the NFL doing something like THIS after a touchdown...

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=156923

I'm told this is the New Zealand nation rugby team "The All-Blacks". I'm not sure if it's only done as a pre-game ritual or if it's also done after every major score. In any event it's something that gets both the team and the crowd fired up.

I have no idea what the chant translates into but it sounds bad-ass. I mean, for all I know they're chanting "We like pie, we like pie, we like pie with ice cream!" and it would still sound like a death chant. :notworthy:

I know, I know, the NFL wouldn't allow it to begin with- too choreographed. But then again, do they have a rule against pre-game rituals? Could a team do this if they only restricted themselves to before the game?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonne have to go with WiB. Giving the ball to the ref and high-fiving your teammates. That's why I admire Larry Fitzgerald a lot. He's a young kid scoring touchdowns and he doesn't celebrate. That doesn't happen much now-a-days.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm told this is the New Zealand nation rugby team "The All-Blacks". I'm not sure if it's only done as a pre-game ritual or if it's also done after every major score. In any event it's something that gets both the team and the crowd fired up.

I have no idea what the chant translates into but it sounds bad-ass. I mean, for all I know they're chanting "We like pie, we like pie, we like pie with ice cream!" and it would still sound like a death chant. 

I know, I know, the NFL wouldn't allow it to begin with- too choreographed. But then again, do they have a rule against pre-game rituals? Could a team do this if they only restricted themselves to before the game?

its a pre game chant, but people have told me the team has gotten around the rules and used it as a part of their warm-up

What is the lambeu leap??

:lol:

What is so funny? :\

dude think about it, lambeau is where the packers play, you should know that, and what does leap mean, it means jump. Lambeau Leap

My favorite touchdown celebration is from the movie the replacements, they all stand in a group, one guy has the ball, and then uses it to shoot the other guys, when they get shot they pretend to fall down dead. It would probably outlawed and fined within two seconds if a real team ever did it.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

"My favorite touchdown celebration is from the movie "The Replacements", they all stand in a group, one guy has the ball, and then uses it to shoot the other guys, when they get shot they pretend to fall down dead. It would probably outlawed and fined within two seconds if a real team ever did it."

Yeah I like that one too. But my favorite from that movie (as if you couldn't tell by my quote) Was when the linemen get together and score a touchdown, and after which they are all jumping around and making like sumo wrestlers as a group. Nevermind the speedy and sleek receivers and running backs, I like seeing behemoths rumbling in like a big Mack truck rolling over the little guys.

:shocked:

Which NFL team do you think has the best touchdown celebration?

I gotta say the Chiefs. I get satisfaction out of yelling "We're gonna beat the hell outta you!" after the Chiefs score at Arrowhead Stadium.

Tell me what you think.

alot of places do that, we do that at bluejackets games.

The best touchdown celebration to date of all time ever is the ickey shuffle, which I still do when good stuff happens to me.

The Cincinnati Mighty Ducks did that too, although when it came to the part where the word Hell was yelled a loud quack would be heard from the loudspeakers, then we would yell at the goalie, chant how many goals we had and told the goalie how much he sucked. Fun times.

The Ickey Shuffle was a very fun celebration

Kyle Johnson of the Broncos had the two best TD celebrations last year. The "Ride the pony!" and "Jump on it!" moves are classic. Those of you that saw them know what I'm talking about ^_^

When he lead the team in stretches at the next practice, he had the whole team do the "Ride the pony" with him at the very end.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hand the ball to the official. Best one by far.

However, if you have to pull a stunt, I'm kind of partial to the bowling ball myself: the scoring player takes the ball in hand while his 10 teammates line up like bowling pins. Once lined up, the scoring player rolls the football toward his teammates, 'knocking them down' for a strike.

nav-logo.png

When he lead the team in stretches at the next practice, he had the whole team do the "Ride the pony" with him at the very end.

:D

I don't kow why I didn't hear about that, but that's awesome!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I remember when the Patriots kicked the winning field goal in OT over the Raiders in '01 playoffs. The game was played in a blinding snowstorm. After the kick was made several players led by long-snapper Lonnie Paxton and tight end Jermain Wiggins sprinted down to the endzone and made snow-angels. I'm not sure if that's a technical celebration or just a moment caught up in silliness.

Imagine an entire team in the NFL doing something like THIS after a touchdown...

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=156923

I have no idea what the chant translates into but it sounds bad-ass. I mean, for all I know they're chanting "We like pie, we like pie, we like pie with ice cream!" and it would still sound like a death chant. :notworthy:

This dance is called the Haka. Its a traditional dance of the Maori people.

Its most popular by the All Blacks Rugby team, however I've been told most of their teams do it before the match. Its even done by Maori soldiers to build morale.

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/about-nz/...eature/haka.cfm

Visit the Haka Feature to learn how to haka.

In case your lazy, the words:

Ka mate!

Ka mate!

Ka ora!

Ka ora!

Ka mate!

Ka mate!

Ka ora!

Ka ora!

Tenei te tangata puhurhura

Nana nei i tiki mai, wahakaawhiti te ra!

A hupane, A kaupane!

A hupane, A kaupane!

Whiti te ra!

In English:

Tis death!

Tis death!

Tis Life!

Tis Life

Tis death!

Tis death!

Tis Life!

Tis Life

Behold there stands the hairy man

Who will cause the sun to shine!

One step upwards

another step upwards

The sun Shines!

Its pretty cool if you ask me.

Now you know.

And knowledge is power!

This dance is called the Haka. Its a traditional dance of the Maori people.

Its most popular by the All Blacks Rugby team, however I've been told most of their teams do it before the match. Its even done by Maori soldiers to build morale.

and the NZ Ice Blacks (the hockey team) do it on skates!

moose1.jpg

My favorite, maybe because I hate the Cowboys, was T.O. doing his thing on the Star when playing Dallas.

Ahhhh yes. "Star Wars" starring T.O. and Emmitt. That was classic! :notworthy:

w04_owens.jpg

That's my favourite as well. :hockeysmiley:

But once was enough TO. ;)

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Well, the topic has been limited to NFL touchdown celebrations so I guess that leaves out that guy from Bucknell who caught a TD pass, spiked the ball and then pulled a Bic lighter out of his sock and lit his own fart a few years ago.

Or maybe I'm imagining that.

Archived