Worst major professional sports logo

amare32

I had to vote for the Blue Jackets.  Beyond this logo being ugly, their name is awful.  I have to say Brain in Boston nailed it about the logo being boring.  I liked "Stinger", and at least he gave a meaning to "Blue Jackets", as opposed to this logo which gives you no understanding of what a Blue Jacket is.

The Wizards and Toronto logo are just outright dumb and ugly.  It was a hard decision to vote between these and the CBJ.  My problem is with the wizard and the sliver of a basketball they put him on.  The whole things looks cheesy and they would have been better off staying with the Bullets (even though its not much better). The Toronto logo is bad.  When fans of theirs, like epper, don't even like the logo, how can they expect the rest of us to tolerate it?  I think it's the tattoo that really makes it suck.

The Broncos logo is nice and clean, but I think they should have given the bronco more definition.  The Hawks logo is neat, but it seems like a lot of wasted space on wingspan.  I happen to like the vampire-cow, and think that it is one of the better logos (maybe it needs a color change).

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

all logos are bad in a way - and good in a way. from this selection i really think the blue jays logo is the worst. they used to have a great logo. the current one just seems too much like an alternate logo or something.

i love the wizards logo - i can't believe so many people have voted for it. it looks funny at first but it's different and artsy.

the sabre tooth is huge, are they actually that big in real life? it's like 3 times the size of the head - still a good logo to match the name.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

I have to agree with the comments re: "Stinger."  The only thing is the lime green.  While I think it kindof works, it could always be toned down, changed into another colour.  Otherwise, it's a fine logo.

The biggest reason I hate the logo they ended up with is that it's not CBJ, but rather ended up being CJB.  Argh.

The Wizards' logo is horrible.  Absolutely abyssmal.  And for the last couple years, the same group has taken the Caps' nice blue, eagle-based identity and has been screwing it up, turning them into a black-and-copper monstrosity.

I'm not a fan of the new Jays logo.  Bring back the old logo.

I've always liked the Preds' logo, though it would be better were it simplified a bit, I think.

The Hawks have a good logo.  Not sure the problem here at all.  The secondary, the hawk head in profile, is not so good.

The Broncos logo is one of the best in the NFL, I think.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mo_frnt_of_basket1.jpg

Mo_in_basket.jpg

Do I even have to say anything?

Seriously though, I like the name Biscuits.  It's cute and silly, which you kind of expect from the minor leagues, yet traditional and easily recognizable.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

OK, I voted for the Blue Jackewts for reasons that have already been mentioned. I am also in the minority that doesn't mind the Wizards logo. I think it is modern and pretty sharp, and BTW the "sliver of basketball" is supposed to be a moon far as I know. And they couldn't stay the Bullets, because of the violence going on at the time. And c'mon Amare, the Broncos? I mean maybe my hero Brian Griese's gone and I hate them now, but you gotta love the logo.

CONGRATS ON 400 JEFF!!

Amare, the only "dimensions" that could be construed as "off" involve the talons. They look abnormally large compared to the hawks' body. However, that's an artistic choice involving perspective. The artist(s) wanted it to appear as though the hawk was thrusting the ball forward with his talons. As for the length of the talons, that's purely for artistic effect.

Brian in Boston

Personally I don't think the Bronco deserved to be on this list.  It's a very classy, clean logo.  I love the entire Broncos identity package (I hate the Broncos).  I must say they have one of the better logos in pro sports.

The Wizards logo is just strange, but you can't really do much more with that name IMO.

With that said I had to pick the Preds.  It's just so ugly for absolutley no particular reason.  I just hate it.

I dont get why the hawk has triangle nipples. that always drove me batty. But i think the logo still works, as long as the original uniforms they wore can be remembered and studied for what not to do in uniform design.

NONO, the dominique ones were legendary, the original unis to that logo, with the nipplehawk on the lower third of the jersey,with all the fades and what not

Courtesy of GMS's NBA projecthawks-95.gif

Almost a decent idea, but a wee too busy, and anyone familiar with my work, thats like robin williams saying someone needed ridalin (spellcheck).

And there aren't two nipples, but rather three.  :laugh:

Yeah, those weren't so great.  They weren't horrible, but not great.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived