Best classic major professional sports logo

amare32

Oh, no doubt... the whole "Original Six" label is a marketing ploy on the part of the NHL! I suppose that it's a lot less cumbersome - not to mention impressive -  then labelling the teams in question as the "Final Six Teams Left Standing Prior to the Advent of the NHL's Modern Expansion Era". Tough to fit that on the labels of a line of vintage clothing. LOL!

Brian in Boston

Oh, no doubt... the whole "Original Six" label is a marketing ploy on the part of the NHL! I suppose that it's a lot less cumbersome - not to mention impressive - then labelling the teams in question as the "Final Six Teams Left Standing Prior to the Advent of the NHL's Modern Expansion Era". Tough to fit that on the labels of a line of vintage clothing. LOL!

Brian in Boston

That reminds me of what I have heard or read about the MLB ASG marketing.

"This time it counts."

Sounds a lot better than,

"This time it probably won't end in a tie."

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm,

everyone of these is like....really awesome.....or something.

We'd all be lucky to have anything we drew be revered some 75 years later.  WOW.

I heard an urban legend that the Chicago Bulls logo...which has endured quite well over time...was designed by some guy who was only given 2 seats to one game.  I'm to lazy to check bulls.com... Any truth to that?

I would love to see just one new team come out with an initial logo...not a first logo, but one featuring only one letterform.  ANd no, not like the ROckets did.

It'd be so pretentious and ballsy....but I'd love to see it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'd actually have to say that the Chi teams got it goin in classics. Both the Bulls and Blackhawks have had their logos for sometime, and they both are great. IMO, they are held on for more than tradition, like the Red Sox, the Tigers, and the Yankees TWO NY's. They are held onto becuase they still looks fairly modern, slightly intimadating, and flat out good.

Archived