Carolina MLS concept

dgnmrwrw

This is a concept I made for a fictional MLS expansion team. The franchise would be housed in Cary, NC, between Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill; so I chose the name Triangle F.C. The area has a fairly rich history in soccer, especially NCAA.

The colors are those from the three ACC schools of the three cities (State, Duke, Carolina), which is the same route that the old WUSA's Carolina Courage took.

The crest and jerseys are still in progress. I wanted to use NC's state bird, the Cardinal, in the crest. Right now it's the StL Cardinal as a placeholder.

Here's my original idea for the jerseys:

Triangle2.gif

However, I thought these were too similar to Mockba's great St. Louis soccer concept.

So here's my second idea:

Triangle.gif

I'm still not too sure which of these I like better.

C+C on everything here appreciated.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

SAS Soccer Park in Cary (where the Courage played) is VERY small, capacity 7,000. Their website says it has "expansion capability." It has hosted all kinds of NCAA events, including a women's championship or two, and some other professional matches. Its one great advantage is its location.

For a MLS franchise to exist, it would have to be expanded greatly, or have a new park built.

That's some really great work. Nice use of the St. Louis Cardinal. ;) If you go about making your own cardinal, it might look best to put it in a more horizonal position with its feet still perched on the ball, it'll help balance the badge out a bit. (Similar to the Baltimore Orioles' bird on their logo.)

The colours are outstanding, and both sets look good. We certainly love vertical stripes around these parts, don't we? ^_^ It'd be more unique to use that second set, for sure. One suggestion I would make would be to emphasize the red in the stripes on the white kit--if you've got a blue/light blue primary shirt, your clash kit should either be plain white, or white with the red, to get away from the blue dominance of the primary. You could almost get away with a red change kit, even. The more I think about it, I'd say either a relatively plain white shirt or your second white shirt above would be best--imagine visiting my St. Louis team, where my club would wear the blue/red striped shirt, you definitely wouldn't want your change strip to be white with blue stripes or white with red stripes.

Really nice concepting on this one, great execution.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, a decent uniform template........something this site rarely see's.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

SAS Soccer Park in Cary (where the Courage played) is VERY small, capacity 7,000. Their website says it has "expansion capability." It has hosted all kinds of NCAA events, including a women's championship or two, and some other professional matches. Its one great advantage is its location.

For a MLS franchise to exist, it would have to be expanded greatly, or have a new park built.

Unless its MLS' first all-chick team (and those jerseys were changed to bikini tops on top of that), it'd never fly here.

Soccer is a cool draw for the kids, and maybe a couple of the parents. Otherwise, its a bust. Raleigh had an A-League team (the Raleigh Flyers) for a few years. They couldn't draw flies. MLS wouldn't fare any better unfortunately.

nav-logo.png

the_cynic: I gotta give credit to Patrick Cummings for the great template.

Mockba: Thanks for the feedback and ideas. Here's a new combo with a clash kit.

Triangle3.gif

why not call it  "S.C." instead of "F.C."  since it's called soccer in America, and the word football represents a completly different sport.

I thought about that. And I decided that if Dallas could get away with F.C. Dallas, I'd just go ahead and call it Triangle F.C. Of course, it's a minor thing. It could just as easily be Triangle S.C.

AstroBull: I think I got it in the template thread, but I'm not sure. I think I've still got the original AI file if you want it.

why not call it  "S.C." instead of "F.C."  since it's called soccer in America, and the word football represents a completly different sport.

I thought about that. And I decided that if Dallas could get away with F.C. Dallas, I'd just go ahead and call it Triangle F.C. Of course, it's a minor thing. It could just as easily be Triangle S.C.

AstroBull: I think I got it in the template thread, but I'm not sure. I think I've still got the original AI file if you want it.

i need it in Paint, cuz thats how I roll :D lol

This is a concept I made for a fictional MLS expansion team. The franchise would be housed in Cary, NC, between Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill; so I chose the name Triangle F.C.  The area has a fairly rich history in soccer, especially NCAA.

The colors are those from the three ACC schools of the three cities (State, Duke, Carolina), which is the same route that the old WUSA's Carolina Courage took.

The crest and jerseys are still in progress.  I wanted to use NC's state bird, the Cardinal, in the crest. Right now it's the StL Cardinal as a placeholder. 

Triangle2.gif

However, I thought these were too similar to Mockba's great St. Louis soccer concept. 

Triangle.gif

I think you should change the away jersey so that its not all white, maybe blue shorts

iv5yj3tveej7sf77mexcxivt0.gif

This is a concept I made for a fictional MLS expansion team. The franchise would be housed in Cary, NC, between Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill; so I chose the name Triangle F.C. The area has a fairly rich history in soccer, especially NCAA.

The crest and jerseys are still in progress. I wanted to use NC's state bird, the Cardinal, in the crest. Right now it's the StL Cardinal as a placeholder.

Triangle2.gif

Triangle.gif

Those are amazing!

untitled-6.jpg

Archived