favorite sports pic

redsfan39

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AACP035.jpg

2002218744.jpg

I turned 9 that day, when cal broke the record

and I think they turned that picture of griffey, like that exact same one of him scoring right there into an artwork that is on the wall at safeco.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

AACP035.jpg

That's pretty cool. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years already. Man time sure flies eh?

2002218744.jpg

and I think they turned that picture of griffey, like that exact same one of him scoring right there into an artwork that is on the wall at safeco.

Yes they did, and it's a good choice too, cause that's the moment that changed the Mariners forever. If you ask any M's fan, the double will no doubt be their fondest memory, or near the top, so it's the perfect moment to immortalize.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Vinatieri.jpg

My North American sporting moment.

So many years of being rubbish.

1-15 and 2-14 seasons.

All of it ended right here.

See Vinatieri's face? He's far less excited than I was at that moment.

One of my favorite Aussie sporting pics.

It just captures a moment magnificently.

1976_vfa_grand_final.htm_txt_AngryNormBrown.gif

That's Port Melbourne's best player having a little lie down during the 1976 Grand Final. His captain, and protector is the guy coming in from the right.

The guy standing over the top of him is the guy who went off with a broken jaw 1 minute after this photo was taken.

(In case you doubt me, here's a follow up photo, with the first guy (#5) now back on his feet, and the other guy out cold behind him)

Brokenjaw76GF.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

AACP035.jpg

I was at that game.

And that pic isn't from the 2131 game, but rather from Cal's final game, which I also went to.

I remember the Oriole fans lustily and heartily booing the pitcher 'cause he refused to intentionally walk the batter before Cal, so Cal could have one more at bat.

My favorite pix since I was a kid...

Kempes%20(Argentina%201978).jpg

Kempes sealed the victory for Argentina in the 1978 World Cup Final.

image1.jpg

Maradona with the World Cup in 1986

24429_351X180.jpg

That marvelous second goal against England in 1986... There is some guys that regard it as the best goal ever in soccer history... :P

MARA.JPG

That one impressed me because I just saw the TV and his face went toward me! :blink:

Gee... too much Maradona but although I like him as a wonderful player, I'm not just his greatest fan.

france98.jpg

Allez les Bleus!!! World Champions in 1998

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

1092586112_0.jpg

Manu Ginobili beats the clock and Serbia in Athens 2004.

2004_10_sortiz.jpg

GO SOX, GO SOX!!! My Goooooooooood...!!! There goes Papi Ortiz after slamming the Yanks...

schilling%20ankle.jpg

The truly RED SOX of Curt Schilling

mays1016.jpg

The Catch of Willie Mays

Thomson_Bobby_medley.gif

The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!! The Giants win the pennant!!!

12.jpg

Carlton Fisk waving his homer in the 1975 WS... "inside, boy, inside!"

allsportfedererwimb03trophy.jpg

Roger Federer winning Wimbledon...!!! Allez la Suisse!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I can't find the picture anywhere, but I know it was in a Sports Illustrated several years back. It was a somber shot taken by Ozzie Sweet of Roberto Clemente holding his Pittsburgh Pirates hat over his heart.

"I took that photo three months before Roberto died," Sweet remembered. "His natural dignity caught my eye."

If I manage to find it I'll post it. Maybe somebody else out there knows what picture I'm talking about.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

alexander28.jpg

Alabama beating Florida in the Swamp 40-39

a_Thesacks.jpg

"The Sack"

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived