Which city has the best logos?

OHLArenaGuide

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

148_sm.gif189_sm.gif513_sm.gif570_sm.gif4_sm.gif

I'm a little biased...but that's my vote! :notworthy:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yea but I went to UF and I HAAAATE the 'Canes...so no way am I talking good about them.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Toronto might have had a chance with the Leafs, Jays and Argos. but the stupid raptors ruined everthing with there dum name and then the red, purple and black instead of blue and white.

So I say Washington.

i have a slightly differnt view of it. imo the raptoes identity is pretty neat. if the purple was replaced by black it would be perfect. the leafs have always had asolid identity. three years ago i would have said the agros and jays were solid, but with the argos dumping the warrior guy from the logo and the jays going with graphite and black, toronto losses by defult. imo it was the argos and jays who ruined toronto's sports logo landscape, not the raptors.

I agree with that. The Jays ruined their identity. The Argos were fine with the Warrior logo. The new logo is OK, but definately not as good. The Raptors has different colours because they need to appeal to a different audience and I think their identity works pretty well.

Yea but I went to UF and I HAAAATE the 'Canes...so no way am I talking good about them.

Then you should have said Jacksonville instead of Miami. :P

I saw, I came, I left.

For me, Boston wins hands down(This coming from a guy with an avatar of the hometown hockey team.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

bay area

giants, a's, sharks, 49ers, raiders, stanford, cal

Bay Area?? No way. I say either Arizona, Houston, or maybe even Atlanta.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Flordia wins this one.

Dolphins, Marlins, Heat, Gators, Seminoles, Hurricanes, Buccaneers

Florida isn't a city, it's a state. It does have some good logos, but it also has some mediocre/bad ones too (Devil Rays, Lightning come to mind).

I'm gonna have to go with Boston, but I'm probably a little biased.

Pittsburgh is 2/3 the Steelers for class, Penguins for new school retro look (if that makes sense) Pirates could be real sharp if the Pirates bandana was black and there wasnt dots but little P's or maybe even little swords on it

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

sounders dont use that logo anymore

C'mon, the sounders still use that same logo they had since their inception in 1974. They now play in the USL (United Soccer League) 1st division.

YOZXkBG.png?1

At first I was thinking Chicago was best. The Bulls might be the best logo in the NBA, the Cubs is great, the Blackhawks is a classic, the White Sox have a nice traditional look, but ... then I ran into the Bears, and something bothers me about that logo, as if it's too busy with the blue and orange. But three out of four ain't bad.

Then I thought of Detroit. I love that leaping Lion, the Tiger coming out of the Olde English D is probably the best modern logo around, the Red Wings winged wheel is a classic, but ... then I ran into the Pistons, and that's just a yucky logo.

Then I thought of Miami. The leaping-at-you Panther is fantastic, the Heat logo was well thought out, the Marlin is pretty darn good, but ... that Dolphin, again, something bothers me about it. I think it's the helmet on the Dolphin. Oh well.

Then I thought of the Twin Cities. The Viking is classy and powerful looking, the Timberwolf is one mean-looking critter, the Wild name sucks but the logo makes up for it, but ... that main Twins logo sucks.

But ...

If the Twins shaking hands across the river were to become the main logo for the Twins, the Twin Cities would get the nod.

Without that, I have to give Chicago, despite my problems with the Bear logo, the top pick.

Archived