Whos got the best unis in sport?

Saintsfan

Wow! I had no idea that I would be "slacking" off by only naming my "Best Uniforms" in seven leagues. Well, in addition to the aforementioned Los Angeles Avengers (Arena), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), San Francisco Giants (MLB), San Jose Earthquakes (MLS), Dallas Mavericks (NBA), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL) and Minnesota Wild (NHL), please allow me to add:

Australian Football League - Fremantle Dockers (With apologies to my beloved Kangaroos.)

English Premier League - Newcastle United

Major Indoor Soccer League - San Diego Sockers

Major League Lacrosse  - Boston Cannons

National Lacrosse League - Calgary Roughnecks

National Rugby League - Canberra Raiders

Women's National Basketball Association - Indiana Fever

Women's United Soccer Association - Carolina Courage

Brian in Boston

Wow Brian (if that's your real name) from Boston (if that's where you're really from).... that quite a list. You even added womens sports into the mix.

Where do I begin.....

AFL - I kinda like Fremantle. It's very unique. But I would have to go with my Essendon Bombers on this one. Very classic, the only uniform they have ever worn I believe.

English Premier League - It's hard to say. I mean Newcastle United's are good, but I'm leaning torawrds the newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers. Of course I'm talking about home kits. I can't say much about away kits because they change all the time!

National Rugby League - I don't know what to say about the uniforms. Too many ads I'd say. I'm not a big fan of Canberra's colours. I'll just go with the Sydney Roosters on that one.

National Lacrosse League - Well, I'll have to go with the Toronto Rock (I'm Biased) But I also think Colorado's are cool, minus the Frontier Airlines logo on the shoulder. Now, I'll have to wait and see what San Jose comes up with. By the names posted on a poll earlier, it doesn't look too promising.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yes quadival, my name is Brian. And though I moved recently, I'm originally from the Boston area.

While I will still prefer Newcastle's kit, I must say that Wolverhampton's home kit is brilliant.

As for my choice of the Canberra Raiders, they JUST edged out the Sydney Roosters in my book. I also like the Auckland Warriors new uniforms: simple, but a classic-in-the-making... particularly by the rather "loud" standards of NRL uniforms.

And it was tough... I mean TERRIBLY DIFFICULT... to choose any Australian Football League side's kit over that of my beloved 'Roos. However, I really like what the Dockers have achieved with their unis.

Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston

Posted on July 19 2003,22:44

Yes quadival, my name is Brian. And though I moved recently, I'm originally from the Boston area.

Well, I was just being sarcastic about the whole "if that's your real name, etc." bit. :P

Speaking of soccer kits, here's the AC Milan kit. Now, can someone tell me what is the green and red dot supposed to represent?

92001zoom.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived