Favorite Defunct Uniforms

OnWis97

NFL Helmet: Eagles Green and Silver. Loved that shade of green with the silver. Also preferred the shape of the wing. The jerseys were not great though.

NFL Jersey: Bengals. They had maybe the best one and they went to the garbage they wear now. Why?

NFL Jersey and Helmet: Old Tampa Bay. Loved the colors and Bucco Bruce. It was time for a change, I suppose, but those were nice.

MLB Cap: Brown and Orange Padres (1986 through about 1990)

MLB Jersey: Brewers before their most recent change.

NHL Jersey: North Stars "N Star". (weep). But since they don't exist, I'll go with the Christmas Devils. Maybe black is more appropriate, but the green and red was just so appealing to me. And unique.

NBA Jersey: Red Washington Bullets. I know it was uninspired, but the simple red with blue/white letters and numbers were nice. I liked those unis much better than the Wiz.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFL Helmet: Eagles Green and Silver. Loved that shade of green with the silver. Also preferred the shape of the wing. The jerseys were not great though.

NFL Jersey: Bengals. They had maybe the best one and they went to the garbage they wear now. Why?

NFL Jersey and Helmet: Old Tampa Bay. Loved the colors and Bucco Bruce. It was time for a change, I suppose, but those were nice.

MLB Cap: Brown and Orange Padres (1986 through about 1990)

MLB Jersey: Brewers before their most recent change.

NHL Jersey: North Stars "N Star". (weep). But since they don't exist, I'll go with the Christmas Devils. Maybe black is more appropriate, but the green and red was just so appealing to me. And unique.

NBA Jersey: Red Washington Bullets. I know it was uninspired, but the simple red with blue/white letters and numbers were nice. I liked those unis much better than the Wiz.

NFL Helmet: Red Falcons from the 80s.

NFL Jersey: San Diego SUPER Chargers Powder Blues.

NFL Jersey and Helmet: Red Falcons from the 80s.

MLB Cap: Black and Orange NY from New York Giants days

MLB Jersey: Atlanta Braves: The Hank Aarons from the 70s.

NHL Jersey: The Calgary Flames from the 80s.

NBA Jersey: The lime green and blue Atlanta Hawks jerseys from the 70s.

NFL: Rammies old jerseys, Grey Facemasks and striped socks from 79 superbowl era

MLB: White Sox navy and red from late 80's Curly C, best set they ever had

NBA: Suns early unis with blazing sun on the shorts and western-y font

i'm suprised to find that the chi sox unis i like so much apparently didnt exist according to sportslogos.net. they brought them out in '87, i believe. it was when sports illustrated had a baseball preview with all the hats on the cover. a ton of teams went throwback that year. the sox went "original" retro. they were great. be on the lookout for a picture

I'd have to say most of the baseball uniforms from when I first fell in love with baseball (1986). I like that some of the teams wear these old unis like once a year or so. I'm glad they're not here full time but every now and then it's good to see the old stuff make an appearance here and there.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Favorite football uniforms anyway

Some of them are from defunct teams and leagues too

Helmet: Boston Breakers & Jacksonville Bulls with thir "wrap-around" logo design Oakland Invaders for looking cool, Michigan Panthers great design and original colors, USFL, Toronto Argos "Ship" Logo helmet CFL , Birmingham Fire, WLAF (reminds me of a '57 Chevey paintjob) Iowa Barnstorms and Memphis Pharoahs, AFL I like designs that incorporate the whole helmet and not just the sides.

Jersey: Pittsburgh Maulers USFL, good colors that flowed well together, Patriots red jersey w/ UCLA shoulder stripes, a classic to me, Falcons' red jersey w/ grey numbers- I still like them better than their current but at least they're red again. Iowa Hawkeye's "throwback" jersey that almost looked like it had wings on the front.

Pants: Arizona Wranglers USFL "Copper w/ flames 1984 someone else needs to adopt metallic copper as a color again, Patriots "NE" streamer stripes many people don't see the hidden "NE" and its better than the bland stripes later designs went back to, 1993, Colts blue visitor pants, 1995 I never did like the all-white look the Colts have, Lions Blue visitor pants w/ gray socks, I was sorry more people didn't like them as much as I did. Toronto Argos's "stud-stripe" pants, wish they kept them after the revamp.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

701034007o.jpg

Oh yeah, teal baby.

Weirdest thing is that I found one of those (the 94 version, which has a white outline around the wordmark as seen here) in Dixon, Ill. a year after they decided to discontinue them.

Hell yeah I bought it.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Mind you I own most (not all) of these... :D

geoff609.jpg

jose616.jpg

yount15.jpg

belle1.jpg

lemieux_1.jpg

heat98cos-1.jpg

barkley_1993_320.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

THERE'S JUST SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!!!! :wacko:

Smith,Sammie2.jpg

28718.jpg

Gretzky.jpeg

carterjoe04000.jpg

081798sanders_610x600.jpg

charles_johnson_ap.jpg

200501060986_889926.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived