Favorite Defunct Uniforms

OnWis97

giddings01.jpg

Those old Alouettes jerseys are miles ahead of that monstrosity they have now.

clemenstor.jpg

Best Blue Jays uniforms ever. The World Series jerseys were great but I prefer these.

caminiti.jpg

biggio.gif

Anybody know why the Astros got rid of the gold and navy? These were great!

tkachuk_keith.jpg

The southwest-styled Coyotes jerseys. Classic.

St.Louis%20Gretzky%20F.JPG

St.Louis%20Gretzky%20B.JPG

A lot of people hated these and I'm not sure why.

stoneraizersig.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
caminiti.jpg

biggio.gif

Ah, yes the late Caminiti.... :(

The Biggio pick is great because we get to see Bonds duck from something other than the media :D

But yeah, I liked those Astros mid-late 90's jerseys, too. The change did coincide with the new stadium...

I saw, I came, I left.

Ya I didn't mean to show a pic of Caminiti but I looked for Bagwell and Biggio and couldn't find a good home pic of the jersey with them. Caminiti was the only other Astro that I could remember from that time period. If you can find a good pic of the mid-late 90s Astros home unis then I can put that up instead of the Caminiti pic if you'd like.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Ya I didn't mean to show a pic of Caminiti but I looked for Bagwell and Biggio and couldn't find a good home pic of the jersey with them. Caminiti was the only other Astro that I could remember from that time period. If you can find a good pic of the mid-late 90s Astros home unis then I can put that up instead of the Caminiti pic if you'd like.

did caminiti EVER smile???

NFL Helmet: Pat the Patriot logo on the white helmet. It's a classic.

NFL Jersey: Steelers, with block fonts.

NFL Jersey and Helmet: 49ers of the 80s. Simple.

MLB Cap: 1979 Pirates. Loved the striped cap.

MLB Jersey: Boston's away jersey, 1979-1989.

NHL Jersey: The Leafs' classic logo. It ought to be a full time instead of an alternate.

NBA Jersey: Suns, from the 70s and 80s. Sunburst on the side of the shorts and Western fonts.

stamper.jpg

I loved those as well, except for the helmet logo. I always thought the gunslinger looked too much like a cartoon, especially since he was so ridiculously skinny.

SanAntonioGunslingers.GIF

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

anderson.jpg

I can't believe I never realized what an Ohio State knockoff these were. <_< That being said, I have always preferred this stripe pattern to the one Ohio State returned to a few years back and uses now. It just looks a lot sharper to me. That must be why I always liked the Bandits' unis.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Pinstripes on a basketball jersey > all.

You must have forgotten about the Rockets and Raptors. And Charlotte's would have been tons better if the pinstripes went on to the shorts.

The Magic unis were the best of the pinstripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess I should also give my answer. Overall, there are way too many to mention. Reading all of the other posts reminded of many that I had forgotten. To keep the list short, I would include the following, that really come to mind:

Maryland basketball gold

1126024-m.jpg

Baltimore Bullets orange (can't get the picture to work)

Boston Breakers

Michigan Panthers (the helmet may be the best of all time)

The Sonics jerseys from the 90's. I hate the current ones!

sonics4_big.jpg

and all this time I thought I was alone in that great big world...finally another who despises the current monstrosities :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and all this time I thought I was alone in that great big world...finally another who despises the current monstrosities 

I know man, I even emailed the sonics beeging them to bring back their style from the late 90's. But their not going to change because a few people hate it.

Plus I can't stand looking at their basketball court, in my opinion it is the ugliest court in the NBA.

Funny how you can sometimes tell the age of a person by the mass of retro unis they like. Take me for instance:

To show the 1986 MLB unis completly would be a waste of space. Just take for granted I love and miss them all.

Then there's the Gulls of the early 90's from the IHL:

bester.jpgshtalenkov.jpg

The old San Diego Sockers uniforms:

This era: smsockers.gif

NOT THIS: sockers.jpg

and I liked the Arsenal road strips from like 3-4 years ago about as much as I like their home kits now.

I'll be back with the Norwich Away kits when they become replaced. My favorite uniform in all of sports at the moment.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The old San Diego Sockers uniforms:

This era: smsockers.gif

NOT THIS: sockers.jpg

You reminded me that I forgot to include the old Baltimore Blast rainbow/Astro-esque uniforms.

This era:

BaltimoreBlast8090.GIF

Not this era:

BaltimoreBlast02.GIF

I tried futilely to find pictures.

Too bad they could never beat the Sockers when it counted. :cursing:

I'll be back with the Norwich Away kits when they become replaced. My favorite uniform in all of sports at the moment.

Cz, I wub you. :wub:^_^ I love the double-green Norwich kits. I might buy one when I'm over there in February, who knows--I don't want to pay £15 shipping for one, so I'm definitely not ordering one from the club to have it shipped here!

Speaking of the wrong era of indoor teams...

This is, was, and always will be, the St. Louis Steamers:

Steamers1.gif

Not this (which is really just a recolour):

steamers2003.jpg

or this (though I don't hate it):

steamers_spot.jpg

and, for the love of all things good and right with this world, NOT THIS!

St.%20Louis%20Steamers.jpg

WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!!@$#%!@$!

And now, for your amusement, the evolution of Daryl Doran:

doran_original_steamers.jpgpix_steamers-doran.jpg

Oh, and upon further review... 1986 MLB?! Ok, Cz, I'm going to have to rescind my earlier praise. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived