Jets West Side Stadium Dead

jkrdevil

It must unless Johnson & Johnson wanyts to take some of those pharmacutical billions and build a stadium of their own.

They were going to take some of that money into that Manhattan Olympic project, somewhere in the neighbourhood of $800 million. But I think they could have used that money to fund their own staidum elsewhere.

I saw, I came, I left.

To be honest? Most people don't know the whole deal with NY and the Olympics. Stadium or not, we were never, ever getting the 2012 games. Why? Because the proposed site for the Olympica Village(where all the athletes stay), lies upon bedrock. And under that bedrock is a 17 million gallon oil spill that emits fumes throughout the area. No country will subject their athletes to those conditions, and I'm sure the Olympic comittee knows that.

As for the Stadium? Guess what? If Woody Johnson doesn't get his West Side stadium, the Jets sill aren't going anywhere, nor will they continue to be tenants. If push comes to shove, he'll cave and build somewhere on L.I. or on the mainland. Another to keep in mind? It was the funding plan that was rejected. If the Jets were to present a new plan with them paying more of the money than before, it could be accepted, so I'd hardly call the deal dead just yet.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

To be honest? Most people don't know the whole deal with NY and the Olympics. Stadium or not, we were never, ever getting the 2012 games. Why? Because the proposed site for the Olympica Village(where all the athletes stay), lies upon bedrock. And under that bedrock is a 17 million gallon oil spill that emits fumes throughout the area. No country will subject their athletes to those conditions, and I'm sure the Olympic comittee knows that.

As for the Stadium? Guess what? If Woody Johnson doesn't get his West Side stadium, the Jets sill aren't going anywhere, nor will they continue to be tenants. If push comes to shove, he'll cave and build somewhere on L.I. or on the mainland. Another to keep in mind? It was the funding plan that was rejected. If the Jets were to present a new plan with them paying more of the money than before, it could be accepted, so I'd hardly call the deal dead just yet.

Yet the USOC says no to the Bay Area? Most of the facilities were built already! :wacko:

Also, Giants Stadium isn't even 30 years old, why a new stadium? I can understand the Jets want their own, but why? If the Jets want, lift up Candlestick and put it in the Meadowlands and there ya go! That way the 49ers can FINALLY get their new stadium. :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

To be honest?  Most people don't know the whole deal with NY and the Olympics.  Stadium or not, we were never, ever getting the 2012 games.  Why?  Because the proposed site for the Olympica Village(where all the athletes stay), lies upon bedrock.  And under that bedrock is a 17 million gallon oil spill that emits fumes throughout the area.  No country will subject their athletes to those conditions, and I'm sure the Olympic comittee knows that. 

As for the Stadium?  Guess what?  If Woody Johnson doesn't get his West Side stadium, the Jets sill aren't going anywhere, nor will they continue to be tenants.  If push comes to shove, he'll cave and build somewhere on L.I. or on the mainland.  Another to keep in mind?  It was the funding plan that was rejected.  If the Jets were to present a new plan with them paying more of the money than before, it could be accepted, so I'd hardly call the deal dead just yet.

Yet the USOC says no to the Bay Area? Most of the facilities were built already! :wacko:

Also, Giants Stadium isn't even 30 years old, why a new stadium? I can understand the Jets want their own, but why? If the Jets want, lift up Candlestick and put it in the Meadowlands and there ya go! That way the 49ers can FINALLY get their new stadium. :D

Works for me! :D

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Well, it looks like the Jets may become co-owners with the Giants for a new stadium in New Jersey. If the Jets want to privatly fund a new stadium on the West side they can. They own the land and would be able to build that stadium if they want to pay for it themselves. A Manhattan Stadium wouldn't be a co-owned one with the Giants because they want to stay in New Jersey.

The problem with NYC's olympic bid was the stadium site. They put it in a high priced controversial spot. That was the same site the Yankees had tries to build a stadium on but failed. On top of that the IOC didn't like the location because it was far from the proposed olympic village which would be in Queens. Had they decided to put the stadium in queens it would have been cheaper and less controversial and probably would have passed. The IOC would have liked that location too. With the coporate support available in New York the city would be neck and neck for the olympics with Paris. However the bid was overall flawed and NYC wouldn't have gotten he olympics even with the Stadium.

I doubt the Jets will build a stadium now in queens. Everyone wanted the new stadium there but Johnson wanted the prestige of Manhattan. I think for pride reasons he won't build one their and they will be co-owners with the Giants at the meadowlands.

Archived