Minnesota Twins Concept

Audiodrama

NO! NO! NO!

The Twins should NEVER have red caps (even though they did, at one time, have red caps with blue bills ... and they sucked).

The Twins should always have an emphasis on blue, not red.

So says a man who has been a Twins fan since 1962.

At one time? It's still their alt cap now.

pMLB1-1307615reg.jpg

To be totally honest, I don't mind the Twin red in the slightest. I'm in agreement with most that the focus should be on blue - but in a division where none of the teams have a red alt, and where the Royals, White Sox and Indians ALL have dark colored alts, I'd love Unwind's red alt with their current home and road set.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I don't know why, but when I was a kid, I always associated the Twins as purple and red. Perhaps it was because of the Vikings, but I just always saw them as purple, not dark blue.

A few people have said that...I can't for the life of me associate purple with the Twins...just looks too weird.

To be totally honest, I don't mind the Twin red in the slightest. I'm in agreement with most that the focus should be on blue - but in a division where none of the teams have a red alt, and where the Royals, White Sox and Indians ALL have dark colored alts, I'd love Unwind's red alt with their current home and road set.

The Twins did have a red alt that wasn't used much back in the mid '90s. There's a picture of it on one of the threads here, though I can't remember which one.

I like them a lot. The only suggestions I have are to make the cap letter white instead of grey. And add a number to the front of the red shirt.

Maybe you could do a bp set with the "TC" logo on the shirt and cap. It would mimic the Nats "DC" duds for bp.

What's with the 40th anniversary patch? The Twins moved in '61 so the math doesn't add up.

BTW- send a copy to the Rochester Red Wings, the Twins AAA farm club. The Wings are using way too much black in their unis. They are, after all, the RED WINGS. Show them what red and navy can do for a uniform. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Overall, I'd have to say, as a Twins fan living in Minneapolis, that this doesn't do it for me. There's too much red and not nearly enough blue overall.

I'm not a fan of the "minnesota" word mark, as I feel the letters are too small and mashed together to be very readable from any distance if actually made and worn on the field.

Also, the red alt is essentially the same jersey they wore back in 1997, which proved rather unpopular, only with the letters blue instead of red, which would only serve to make it harder to read.

twins-red.jpg

Not a big fan of the red caps either.

Nicely presented, I'm just not on board with the overall feeling. It's like I'm looking at another teams jerseys, like the Angels or something.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Overall, I'd have to say, as a Twins fan living in Minneapolis, that this doesn't do it for me. There's too much red and not nearly enough blue overall.

I'm not a fan of the "minnesota" word mark, as I feel the letters are too small and mashed together to be very readable from any distance if actually made and worn on the field.

Also, the red alt is essentially the same jersey they wore back in 1997, which proved rather unpopular, only with the letters blue instead of red, which would only serve to make it harder to read.

twins-red.jpg

Not a big fan of the red caps either.

Nicely presented, I'm just not on board with the overall feeling. It's like I'm looking at another teams jerseys, like the Angels or something.

JeffB

i would actually like to see that red jersey as the base desighn for the twins bp, just to make a clear contrast between the bp and home alt.

Archived