Drop the Puck!

Sec19Row53

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/hocke....php?ntid=42581

The UW Badgers and Ohio State Buckeyes will meet on 2/11/06 at Lambeau Field. With a rink set up in the north endzone, I wouldn't expect a huge number of fans (obviously bad viewing in most of the stadium), but I'm intrigued enough to think about going.

It's where I sit.

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/hocke....php?ntid=42581

The UW Badgers and Ohio State Buckeyes will meet on 2/11/06 at Lambeau Field. With a rink set up in the north endzone, I wouldn't expect a huge number of fans (obviously bad viewing in most of the stadium), but I'm intrigued enough to think about going.

With the way they are setting it up, they are looking at a capacity of 30-35,000.

Imagine the thougt of Vince Lombardi reading the article and exclaming...

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE???!??!!

Bet you Packer backers around the world are planning a protest over this.

P.S. No, I'm not a packer fan.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Why would the Packers fans be up in arms about this? The game takes place long after any final home playoff game.

It would be interesting to see the logistics behind this one. Early February in Wisconsin? Late October in Michigan or Edmonton is one thing?a bit cold maybe, but not the extreme winter conditions one would expect in late winter. They could to play in subzero weather, in a blizzard maybe?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Imagine the thougt of Vince Lombardi reading the article and exclaming...
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE???!??!!

Bet you Packer backers around the world are planning a protest over this.

P.S. No, I'm not a packer fan.

Nah - anything that brings in revenue is a good thing. Heck, there were snowmobile races planned for the last few years in the stadium. They had to be cancelled two years ago due to a lack of snow. I think they went off as planned last year.

As for the temperatures, it's **possible** that it could be sub-zero on the Fahrenheit scale. It's also possible that it could be above zero on the Celcius scale. Which is the bigger problem (I don't really know)?

It's where I sit.

As for the temperatures, it's **possible** that it could be sub-zero on the Fahrenheit scale. It's also possible that it could be above zero on the Celcius scale. Which is the bigger problem (I don't really know)?

The temperature shouldn't be much of a problem, but I would be worried if there was any sort of precipitation during the game.

I saw, I came, I left.

As for the temperatures, it's **possible** that it could be sub-zero on the Fahrenheit scale.  It's also possible that it could be above zero on the Celcius scale.  Which is the bigger problem (I don't really know)?

The temperature shouldn't be much of a problem, but I would be worried if there was any sort of precipitation during the game.

That's a 32° range you are talking there. I don't think the weather in Wiss-cahn-sun fluctuates that much in February. The highest low in February this year was 37° which is still sufficiently cool enough for a 5 hour ice sheet. Even the hottest day was only 50° which wouldn't be warm enough to make the game unplayable.

Though a game at Lambeau Field (or the Metrodome, where the 2007 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game will be played) will bring in a heck of a lot more revenue, I miss the days when the game was played in my hometown (in case you hadn't guessed by my name, Eveleth, MN) arena. Guess they want more than 2,000 people to enjoy the game. Plus, it will probably be warmer outdoors than in the frozen Eveleth Hippodrome!

They have been holding this game in the Twin Cities (Xcel Energy Center, Mariucci Arena) for the last few years. Kinda saddens me to move it out of state, but what are you gonna do?

As for the temperatures, it's **possible** that it could be sub-zero on the Fahrenheit scale.  It's also possible that it could be above zero on the Celcius scale.  Which is the bigger problem (I don't really know)?

That's a 32° range you are talking there. I don't think the weather in Wiss-cahn-sun fluctuates that much in February. The highest low in February this year was 37° which is still sufficiently cool enough for a 5 hour ice sheet. Even the hottest day was only 50° which wouldn't be warm enough to make the game unplayable.

I know it was a 32 degree range. I was asking because (1) at what point is it too cold to play (thus 0F), and (2) how well will this portable ice sheet hold up if it is warmer (thus 0C)?

We're far more likely to be below OF than to be around 50F.

It's where I sit.

I know it was a 32 degree range. I was asking because (1) at what point is it too cold to play (thus 0F), and (2) how well will this portable ice sheet hold up if it is warmer (thus 0C)?

We're far more likely to be below OF than to be around 50F.

Well the Heritage Classic had a wind chill of -28°C which is the equivalent of -15° and a 45km/h wind. -15°C = 5°F so I would say that it should go off without a hitch, also considering there wasn't a single below-zero day in February this year.

Archived