Engagement Announcement Cards

Nick 1733

WiB has a point?adding the date and mailing it out makes this a wedding invitation, not just an announcement.

And even though the purple is the best one out of all the colors, the more I see the vignette of your photo against the marble background (with a single rose), the more it looks like a headstone.

If you need to keep the background in it, fade it back a lot, and then you can make the text solid instead of white with an outline. Right now this feels more like a memorial tribute than an engagement announcement.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

if the background is a necessity, you have to turn that layer into a 10% transparancy at most....that way it won't dominate the card.....you're selling the idea of your engagement, not roses.

Agreed... that rose dominates the image. It really throws off the eye's natural path through the design.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Top new one almost works. Should read "We are happy to announce our engagement". Since you are doing it yourself. Parents are pround, you should be happy.

You also need to get a decent photo. No offense, but something like this needs a quality photo.

Forget you ever saw the color purple or any shade of it, it wreaks of death.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

well congrats, I don't know if anyone said that :P

I WOULD suggest having that tough talk with the parents. It will make life easier...for the rest of your life potentially.

That said, I think the sex symbols aren't necessary, and the picture just is not working.

I think you should really consider simplifying, I know you said she liked the picture, but she will like a more formal picture once she sees it. That may have sentimental connotations to her, but other people won't get it, and i assume every woman over 25 would ask "why is he wearing a jersey?"

Yep. Find a pic without a Nuggets jersey; lose the sex symbols; don't do purple; if you must include the color of the rose - then make it a white rose; use "happy" instead of "proud"; and if you really want to do it right, lose the middle initials.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I WOULD suggest having that tough talk with the parents. It will make life easier...for the rest of your life potentially.

That said, I think the sex symbols aren't necessary, and the picture just is not working.

Yeah, I gotta jump in and agree here - talk with the parents first. If they see it on a card first, regardless what they think of you, they're going to plop. And your stock with them will drop - permanently.

And I agree with ditching the sex symbols. They send the wrong message.

nav-logo.png

Thank you for all of your input.

The reason I was trying to use that picture is simply because it's the only one I have of the two of us together at the moment.

So listening to everyone, I'll just wait and put together a new one when we get better pictures taken, which will be sometime after July 2nd. So basically I'll wait to post anything new in this thread until that time.

Thanks Again to Everyone!

There are two ways to look at it as a general announcement or as a Save-the-date card. The announcement can be sent to everyone but that is usually not done. One you just wind up sending it to so many people and two if you send it to soemone not invited it will cause problems.

As for teh save the date it is sent to those you are inviting to teh wedding as a reminder of what days people shoudl hold aside for you. It can be very formal which i have seen or relaxed and fun.

I have been going through wedding planning for a year now and was in charge of all invitations, and printed stuff so I became pretty familiar with traditions and how i can break them.

Here is what we sent out for our save the date (our colors were purple and sage):

SavetheDate1.jpg

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

That looks real nice. One should never forget about simple patterns as a great solution to a layout problem. In this case, stripes do a great job of drawing attention to the text and not allowing the photo to dominate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived