San Diego Octopi concept

officeglenn

Just wanted everyone's two cents on this ...

sandiegooctopi.gif

... Based, by request, on the Orange County Octopus of the RSL, a surfing league ...

octopus1.jpg

C&C please and thank you. :D

Nice work.

I think in this case though, get your tomatoes ready, it would be better to go with the singular of the name instead of the plural. I know you have no control of what was requested but Octopi just doesn't sound right when talking about a sports moniker.

This is very well done. The only problem I can forsee would be the fact that the Octopus (I think) is the same color as the background. It might not show very well on a helmet or jersey. But great work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

No offense, but that logo is really girly when you color it purple.

I think the colors should be lighter, for a more California feel.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Shameless bumpage here ... what if I kept the orange? Would that be ripping off the original too much?

Shameless bumpage here ... what if I kept the orange? Would that be ripping off the original too much?

I'd try for a light blue or periwinkle...the thought was good, seeing that most octopi are indeed purplish, but that logo just ruins the best color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

Would that be ripping off the original too much?

Nah. Just use it. Its fantasy. You're not making any $$.

Plus, to be perfectly honest, it's like 90% "rip off" as of now anyway. And I don't mean that in a jerk way.

Its a cool logo. Use their font and colors too if you like them.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Yeah, I forgot that voodoo originally asked for it in Seahawks colours. :blush: I've edited it; the image above should be updated.

Archived