Spurs Court

HappyBrownie13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine if they did this in the NHL with the same scale.....that Cup would be HUUUUGE!!! :blink:

Imagine a giant Stanley Cup mural that stretched from goal line to goal line... :D

if they win will they leave it on their for next year?

You know, that would be cool. Let the whole world know who PWNZ the trophy.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! This needs to happen. They should also carry the trophy with them and give it a seat on the bench in every arena. I'm serious.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

It would look even better if they hadn't outlined it in black.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

if they win will they leave it on their for next year?

You know, that would be cool. Let the whole world know who PWNZ the trophy.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! This needs to happen. They should also carry the trophy with them and give it a seat on the bench in every arena. I'm serious.

I think that would be a bit too much. That's just asking for the other team to get in your face after they beat you so that they can tell you that they just beat the "World" Champions.

That's actually a neat idea (only if both Finals teams do it though, otherwise it looks like premature gloating) and I'd be in favour of the winning team keeping it on their court all next season too.

Nice work.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

That's actually a neat idea (only if both Finals teams do it though, otherwise it looks like premature gloating) and I'd be in favour of the winning team keeping it on their court all next season too.

Nice work.

Yeah, it would show who the real champions in the league are every time a team steps on the court.

This is a good idea.

I mildly approve of the trophy in the middle. It's not as classy, or as classic as the small logos they used to put on either end of the court, but this is a lot cooler than the gaudy ones that have been appearing recently.

Basketball floors are really untapped design potential, because you can put practically anything on there without seriously messing with the game. You can also do the same sort of thing with hockey, but considering that the NHL barely exists these days...

I think this is a great marketing idea for the NBA. They are really trying to "advertise" the trophy, with the call in radio tv ads and what not. It is one of the more obscure trophys too. The NHL has the Stanley Cup and the NFL has the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and for the most part the general public knows them. But not very many people could tell you what name of the NBA's trophy is. (Larry O'Brien Trophy)

As far as leaving it on the winner's court the entire next year, I don't like it for the simple fact it is too much bragging and secondly with free agency teams change up so much from year to year. Could you imagine the Bulls bragging about winning their Repeat Three-peat with the team in 1998-99.

If they were to do something to show championships on the court through a image of some sort they should show all the championships but that is why they have banners in the rafters.

KUHawks.png

good for the NBA, IMHO the NBA Finals has always been the most Anti Climax part of the post season. Only in the days of the Celtics and Lakers, do we have a strong rivaly between to the two. The Finals are usually the biggest snoozer out of the all of the championship games or series.

allow me to explain, the super bowl will always be the grand old best championship game ever. Then the World Series which was more interesting before interleague because these two teams would have never seen each other. I would rank that second with NHL behind that. The Stanly Cup is the most well known championship trophey in all of sports. Their playoffs are called "the quest for the cup". Then the NBA would follow last.

The two teams in the finals meet at least twice during the season. And most of the time, it is usually at the start of the season of some point in the season where it doesn't matter like near the end. The two teams rarely have any history cept for the Celtics and Lakers. I mean it might have a few stars meeting but not like the rivalary during the playoffs.

so I am glad the NBA is at least trying to emphasis this with something. I always felt it was a like a race to four games and you win this trophey which I don't know the name of it.

This is pretty cool, but the trophy should extend inside the jump circle so that the ball doesn't look so far shifted to the left of the base.

But the ball is shifted to the left of the base on the actual trophy.

nhl-obrientrophy.jpg

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Imagine if they did this in the NHL with the same scale.....that Cup would be HUUUUGE!!!  :blink:

Also imagine if they cut the World Series Trophy into the grass!

It'd look better than that cityscrape outline they have at Shea....

Imagine if they did this in the NHL with the same scale.....that Cup would be HUUUUGE!!!  :blink:

Also imagine if they cut the World Series Trophy into the grass!

It'd look better than that cityscrape outline they have at Shea....

Now if the Mets can field a World Series calibre team......

I saw, I came, I left.

Rumor here is that the Pistons will be doing it, as well. As for the "carrying the trophy with you" comment earlier, another reason I love the Pistons. With Sheed here, the Pistons are really a fun champion. They are proud as heck of the title they won, they routinely bring "championship belts" with them to big games, Sheed's been carrying around the ECF trophy, and they wear their rings most of the time, unlike teams so paranoid that they put em in lockboxes until they retire.

spikes.jpg

Two words: It Stinks! That is all.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The Stanley Cup is the most well known championship trophey in all of sports. Their playoffs are called "the quest for the cup".

You sure it's not the "Quest for the Holy Grail"?

Or was that Monty Python? :therock:

Either way, it must've been what all those British guys were looking for...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

That would be odd if the Heat would've advanced.

I don't think it's to commemorate the Spurs' title history. Consider:

1. If they're calling attention to their recent title history, they won 2 years ago, while their Finals opponent is the current defending champion. Kinds takes the thrust out of that boast.

2. If they're calling attention to their franchise's championship past, they've won 2 NBA titles, while their Finals opponent has won 3. Again, takes the sting out of things if it's a taunt directed at the Pistons.

It's probably an idea from NBA Central Command. And I actually like it, even though the trend from a decade ago of jamming as much crap on your floor made me cringe.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived