Florida Marlins Concept

Audiodrama

These are mainly cause I dislike how black has overpowered the Marlins' uniforms as of late. So, I basically eliminated 90% of the black and used a dark grey instead. I also got rid of the teal because I always thought it looked a little unprofessional (Miami Dolphins, I'm looking in your direction...). And don't make any "Holy crap they look like the Royals" comments; I'm using two different colors. Anyway, C&C welcome as usual.

marlins.gif

Can I just start by saying I love that home jersey? I might like to see it with a blue belt, blue striping and blue socks, but I think the Marlins, having had pinstripes since their inception, should keep them.

I just can't bring myself to like pinstriped greys. No matter how many chances I give them, they don't look as good as a clean grey uni.

No prob with that blue alt, I like it.

As for the black alt... if it's the black that had you make this concept in the first place, why even have it there? Personally, I think the three jerseys would be a good identity. Kudos on going outside the box with a Marlins concept and ditching teal, it looks good.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I keep thinking Rockies with this set. I'd prefer more teal, maybe like how the old Mariners alt.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Strangely I like the Marlins they way they are, especially the "Marlin F" logo. I dread the day they change to Miami Marlins and despence with the "F" logo. Also i think teal is the perfect color for this team. Nice concept though.

The blue you chose looks purplish to me so i think Rockies as well. Perhaps an ocean blue or cyan would be a unique enough blue for the Marlins.

Due to the Dolphins, Miami is known for Teal. They had teal before it was popular. I think they need to stay with teal, despite my dislike for it.

The Heat and Panthers look plenty fine without teal...

However, I agree that the Marlins should keep teal in there scheme (more so because of the fish / ocean tie-in than the Dolphins thing).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the jersey set and logos you created, but I think they're better off with the current colors. Their current jerseys are much more distinguishable and I personally don't see what's so unprofessional about teal.

Archived