NHL and NHLPA AGree on New Salary Cap System

KennyRock

My opinion on shootouts?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? :therock:

Because the game should be decided by playing the game. It's like a baseball game being decided by a Home Run Derby.

However if they do go to shootouts they should keep the point system. Division titles are meaning less and it's just a bit easier to use points when trying to figure out playoff seeding in for a conference with 2 divisions.

Giving teams an extra point just for getting into overtime allowed for more potential scoring chances. Before, if there were under 5 minutes left in regulation, teams were hesitant to break towards the net, knowing any mistake could bring a scoring chance for the other team. Same thing in OT as well?may as well play it safe and keep the guaranteed point after OT ended.

But since they extra point for OT was added (as well as the 4-on-4), teams would plau out the period trying to get the extra point. No worries about making a huge mistake that costs your team that point in the standings, but you can be more aggressive in trying to win the extra one.

As far as the shootouts go, I don't care either way. A shootout is no different than an OT win, it just keeps the remaining fans in the seats happy because it's an exciting play.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the best compromise which would satisfy a couple of major constituencies would be to adopt a zero tolerance stance on fighting during regulation play, however if a game is tied after regulation, the tie is resolved with a fight between each team's designated goon. Seems to me this is a logical way to go as opposed to the silliness of a shootout.

No, of course I'm not serious. Well, I guess I am with respect to the silliness of shootouts, but that's it.

Will shootout goals have any bearing on a player's personal goal total? Will it have an effect on a goaltender's GAA and SVP? Will if effect a legitimate shutout streak?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think so. Even if a player gets 3 goals in the shootout it's not a hat trick. I'll have to check on that now. I know a team only gets credit for one extra goal for a shootout win, but I don't know if it counts for a specific player, or even under the "Goals Scored" stat.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived