Logo Help/Critique needed

I paint 1/10th scale sportsfigures as a hobby/small business similar to those seen at www.spawn.com I have been doing this for several years, but have decided to change come up with a company name and logo instead of just running it on a name basis. I am dedicated to producing the tiniest details with the figures I make. I decided to name my business "Eagle Eye Customs", which also pays tribute to Ed Belfour, one of my favorite atheletes. Anyhow, I designed a logo (first attempt at logos), but something seems missing or wrong. Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this? I'm a huge hockey fan, so I tried to keep some hockey type styling involved, but I don't know how successful I was at that. Rip it apart if you must, I'd greatly appreciate any comment, including tough critisms. Thanks in advance!

eagleeye6ko.jpg

Not bad Eagle Eye, but the first criticism I have is that you really can't tell it's an eagle's eye. It could be a lion's eye or walrus eye. There's nothing there to suggest eagle.

Secondly, what color are eagle's eyes? I always thought they were yellow. I don't know, I could be wrong about that. Need to research that.

I do think you've got a good start though, and as almost anyone here will tell you, logos go through many transformations before they're finally finished.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I love the faded detail you have in the eye. It kind of makes you look twice.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

eagle eyes are typically yellow, I chose green because of my own colour preference. I do appreciate the comments though. Any idea of how I could make it more "Eagle like" without taking away from the focus on the eye?

What if you fleshed out the eagle a little bit more, but used a much smaller stroke? Just enough eagle to make it recognizable, but keep the eye very bold and the rest of it more like just an outline? Perhaps just from the top of the beak to the back of the head...

I'm just thinking out loud.

Archived