new look for the nats

NDwas

I wish some of you folks would get it through your skulls -- you START a redesign of the Washington Nationals uniforms by using the script W that is currently on their caps.

You mean like THIS?

Nats.gif

still very much a wip...

or maybe this

with many thanks to jkdevil for the wordmarks

nationals.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

apologies to Iamthedorf... for "hijacking" your (old) thread. It's just not a good idea to post logos about DC baseball on my own thread (around here). And as far as the "not associated w/ the Nationals" disclaimer, that's supposed to be for my website only... where there are no Nats trademarks, but I've removed the patch / "Nationals" (for this version) anyway... cause it's not neccessary.

apologies to Iamthedorf... for "hijacking" your (old) thread. It's just not a good idea to post logos about DC baseball on my own thread (around here). And as far as the "not associated w/ the Nationals" disclaimer, that's supposed to be for my website only... where there are no Nats trademarks, but I've removed the patch / "Nationals" (for this version) anyway... cause it's not neccessary.

I don't mind the design, but it just has a very..."softballish" feel to me. The logo should be a little more elaborate, or something. I really can't pinpoint it, but it just doesn't say Major League to me. Not a bad concept at all, but I just couldn't see the Nats wearing it. If that was even your intent- not sure.

spikes.jpg

apologies to Iamthedorf...  for "hijacking" your (old) thread.  It's just not a good idea  to post logos about DC baseball on my own thread (around here).  And as far as the "not associated w/ the Nationals" disclaimer, that's supposed to be for my website only... where there are no Nats trademarks, but I've removed the patch / "Nationals" (for this version) anyway... cause it's not neccessary.

I don't mind the design, but it just has a very..."softballish" feel to me. The logo should be a little more elaborate, or something. I really can't pinpoint it, but it just doesn't say Major League to me. Not a bad concept at all, but I just couldn't see the Nats wearing it. If that was even your intent- not sure.

I can pinpoint it: It sucks.

apologies to Iamthedorf...  for "hijacking" your (old) thread.   It's just not a good idea  to post logos about DC baseball on my own thread (around here).  And as far as the "not associated w/ the Nationals" disclaimer, that's supposed to be for my website only... where there are no Nats trademarks, but I've removed the patch / "Nationals" (for this version) anyway... cause it's not neccessary.

I can pinpoint it: It sucks.

I know it's mean, but that post just made me crack up.

spikes.jpg

although I believe in this concept, I'm still not confident in the design execution... CC is genuinely appreciated.

dcuni.jpg

STILL not feeling it. And, for the love of God, stop using the photo hat templete!!!

:puke:

VmWIn6B.png

although I believe in this concept, I'm still not confident in the design execution... CC is genuinely appreciated.

dcuni.jpg

If I must provide constructive criticism for this concept, it's that the fonts you're using just aren't "beefy" enough. I don't know how else to put it, but it seems like you're starting from Square One once again with this design. It just doesn't have any refinement to it whatsoever.

Also, I'm not a big fan of putting "Washington" on the home jerseys.

Side note: I'm now really thirsty for a Coke from looking at the wordmark, but the only thing in the house is Pepsi :cursing:

QPR%20Sig.png

Lost Limey- Your "N" looks like a "V." The Washington Vats. And the rest of the script is too thick for either the "W" or "N." The "ton" on Washington doesn't connect very well. And the blue & gold colors don't work for this team. In fact they don't work for the Caps or the Wizards, either. Good intentions, but no cigar. :cry:

Actually, I don't even like the "Nats" nickname for the jerseys. I don't think I've ever heard the Mets referred to as the Metropolitans, but I have heard the Washington team called the Nationals. Spell out the full name, or put it on an alt.

That's because the Mets are not the "Metropolitans," and never have been. They're just simply "Mets."

The Devil Rays and Blue Jays are the first teams to use a shortened version of their name on the jersey. Don't remember which one was first.

Actually, the first team to use a shortened team name on their jerseys was the 1942 Phillies, who had "PHILS" on their road uniforms:

nl_1942_philadelphia.gif

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Actually, I don't even like the "Nats" nickname for the jerseys. I don't think I've ever heard the Mets referred to as the Metropolitans, but I have heard the Washington team called the Nationals. Spell out the full name, or put it on an alt.

That's because the Mets are not the "Metropolitans," and never have been. They're just simply "Mets."

From the Mets' team Web site:

March 6, 1961 - The New York Metropolitan Baseball Club Inc., formally receives a certificate of membership from National League President Warren Giles. The Mets' name was judged by club owner Joan Payson as the one that best met five basic criteria:

1) It met public and press acceptance;

2) It was closely related to the team's corporate name (Metropolitan Baseball Club, Inc);

3) It was descriptive of the metropolitan area;

4) It had a brevity that delighted copy readers everywhere;

5) It had historical background referring to the Metropolitans of the 19th century American Association. Other names considered included Rebels, Skyliners, NYBs, Burros (for the five boroughs), Continentals, Avengers... as well as Jets and Islanders, names that would eventually find their way onto the New York sports scene.

May 8, 1961 - New York's National League club announces that the team nickname will be "Mets," a natural shortening of the corporate name ("New York Metropolitan Baseball Club, Inc.")

So while it is true that the team was never the Metropolitans, the name was derived from it.

And for the record, WFAN late-night host Steve Sommers does refer to them as the Metropolitans, so :P .

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived