your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

As I was driving home today I noticed that a lot of the construction on Highway 4 here in Pittsburg CA has a relief image of the city logo being placed on the overpass and soundwalls and such.

my graphic arts teacher in high school designed this logo. its been used since the mid 70s here.

top.gif

(the circle with the anchor and the hills)

so whats the logo for your hometown? like it? hate it?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

navplaque1_r1_c1.jpg

navplaque1_r2_c1.jpg

Beh.

I'm not fond of it, but i'm not real sure what i'd replace it with.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

we have quite a few (in theory) here in Highland where I live currently:

Here's one for the Chamber of Commerce (I did this one!)

shields-faded.jpg

Its 2 C's (Chamber of Commerce) that makes an H! When faxed or converted to one color...it resembles a country road.

This one represents Highland as a whole...its a swiss sheild and a US sheild...big swiss influence here, even though its mostly Germans and Catholics now...

homeseal.gif

They also have a downtown one, but I can't find it though....

Minneapolis uses a two-boat logo, being the "City of Lakes":

mpls-logo.png

Also, until I did a search just now, I'd never seen the city flag:

mpls-flag.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The train has magical flying ability to cross the river on its own, when there's a perfectly good bridge behind it.

Lowell is known for a couple things: the textile industry (during the heyday of mills in the mid 1800s) and its canals.

I think that yellow thing is a cornucopia. Not sure. Might just be a dirty cloud spilling from one of the smokestacks of the mills.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Got this from the City of Ottawa's site.

Basically, it's an 'O' with a stylized maple leaf on it's left. The blue symbolizes the Ottawa and Rideau rivers, as well as the Rideau canal. The green is symbolic of our parks and the copper roofs of some of our older buildings.

wordmark.gif

The focal point of the logo is a stylized O formed by three streamers which come together, symbolizing unity and harmony and working together towards a common goal. It suggests energy and motion, reflecting the vibrancy of our city as well as its economic and business strengths - a city that's innovative and on the leading edge.

The shape of the streamers is reminiscent of a maple leaf and a hint of local architecture, while the colours blue and green - most frequently chosen by the public - remind us of the parks, green space and waterways that surround us.

flag.jpg

The stylized O design is the centrepiece of the new flag. The look is simple, but festive. When it is flying, the feeling of vibrant motion is very apparent.

The flag's design uses the blue and green colours chosen to represent the new city. The dynamic use of colour is a direct reflection of how the citizens feel about their city. The large blue is symbolic of the rivers and waterways that are a part of life in the Ottawa area. The large green areas speak to our quality of life and the abundance of green space in the region.

thumbprint.gif

Sesquicentennial logo

Fernandina Beach has an interesting set of logos.

city.gif

That is the city's main official logo. I wish I could find one bigger but you get the idea. The cool thing I like about Fernandina is they a secondary logo.

8flags3.jpg

Ofcourse the top one is used alot more but, the second one is used alot for city business

Archived