your hometown city logo

IronChefShark

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lancaster_lrg.jpg

We're the City of the Red Roses or something, to explain he rose on there. We have a "War of the Roses" every year with high school football players from York(White Rose) and Lancaster(Red). Most people would probly think our logo's a horse and buggy.

I guess I should mention that I'm from Lancaster, but I go to college in West Chester...yes, the West Chester where Bam Margera lives.

logo1c.jpg

Here's the WCU logo...I have no idea what the town logo is.

That's pretty cool. Here in South Carolina, we have York (where I live), Chester, and Lancaster counties...named after the counties in Pennsylvania. Lancaster here is also the "Red Rose City."

They're probably named after the British dynasties, as ours are. The War of the Roses...the historical one...was York vs. Lancaster, with each having a different colored rose as their symbol. That's why Lancaster, PA...and SC, as you said, are the Red Rose City. York is the White Rose city here, maybe it is in SC too. I have no idea what Chester is historically, I'm not a history major.

rivercitylogo.gif

Logo for the city planning dept's promotional campaign.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. This is the logo for my city. I live in Kettering, Ohio. The logo of the triangles is the shape of the city offices building in Kettering. The building is very 70s ish. But I think the logo is pretty unique. logo.gif.govbldg2.jpg

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

SyPhi already posted my hometown (Winnipeg), so here's my current city's sad excuse for a logo:

00617.jpeg

The guy on the left looks like Jebediah Springfield.

That's actually Edmonton's Coat of Arms. The logo, which has been around since at least the 70's (and was hard to find for some reason considering it's used everywhere), is this:

City-logo-colour_rgb.gif

Archived