Cubs logo variation

Sodboy13

Walking downtown the other day, I saw a person wearing a Cubs shirt with the sleeve patch/alt jersey "C" on it. But instead of having the entire walking Cub through the C, it just had the profile of the Cub's head. It looked fantastic, and if I had any artistic talent, I'd do a mockup of it. But this is definitely what they should be using on the sleeves and on the alternates. Beauty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Walking downtown the other day, I saw a person wearing a Cubs shirt with the sleeve patch/alt jersey "C" on it. But instead of having the entire walking Cub through the C, it just had the profile of the Cub's head. It looked fantastic, and if I had any artistic talent, I'd do a mockup of it. But this is definitely what they should be using on the sleeves and on the alternates. Beauty.

the logo you described was the cubs alt. logo from the 70's and 80's.

thats not a profile on the far right. it looks like their old late 80s sleeve patch

Actually, they wore that patch on their left sleeve from 1994-1996.

This one was used from 1979-1993, I think. It is also my favorite one:

cubbie.jpg

This one was used before THAT. I think they used it (or at least a similar variation of it) starting in 1969:

cubbieold.jpg

Interesting ...

I did a little bit of searching & found this:

patches.jpg

I've never seen the patch on the far right ... It's not a "C" ... but it does have the profile of the cub.

I kinda like it ...

I think sodboy may have seen Nike's Cubs alt logo, which has the cub head over the C.

jtaber-the one on the right that you posted was the mad bear, used from 1994 to 1996 (basically, the "Cuba" road era). before that one was the madcub, used from 1979 (when the C-UBS logo was thickened) to 1993...and before that one were the blue/tan versions of the cub head, with no circle or C behind them.

also, the earliest cub head appeared in 1962

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

no97 and Discrim, you nailed it.

Even as the White Sox diehard that I am, I have to say that logo looks spifftastic.

I'll give Nike credit where it's due - they're good when it comes to creating variants on team logos. Rank right up there with Zephyr's X-Line stuff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Shark started a thread about these caps / logos a couple weeks ago. Most of them are gorgeous. Some of them (Phillies) leave a little to be desired.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think Shark started a thread about these caps / logos a couple weeks ago. Most of them are gorgeous. Some of them (Phillies) leave a little to be desired.

They really did a disservice to some teams - they either went with uniform scripts (Braves, Dodgers) or a basic team logo (Twins, Royals, Rockies). Which is a shame, because some of them are really clever (Giants, Cubs, Jays, Rangers).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

cubbie.jpg

A guy I know got this tattooed on the same arm the cubs had it on, left I'm guessing, and the next year they changed to the walking cub logo. It is still a pretty sweet tatoo.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

They really did a disservice to some teams - they either went with uniform scripts (Braves, Dodgers) or a basic team logo (Twins, Royals, Rockies). Which is a shame, because some of them are really clever (Giants, Cubs, Jays, Rangers).

For the Braves, they eventually trotted this logo out, which I think is nicely done.

FF98689-xl.jpg

kU6ns.gif

For the Braves, they eventually trotted this logo out, which I think is nicely done.

FF98689-xl.jpg

Looks too much like the Mississippi Braves logo.

Interesting - following no97's link to lids.com, they still show the Atlanta hat as just having the script "Braves" wordmark across the front. The silhouette of Georgia is an improvement, even if it looks like one of their minor league teams.

Icecap79 - follow the link that was included by Moose with the Cubs hat - it's his post right below your first one in this thread. Between product details and the promotions is a link to view all Nike Ligature Swoosh Flex hats. Jays are 3rd row, in the middle. It's the present cap logo without the big "J".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived