LOGOLYMPIAD: Event 1

I dare somebody to do the Montgomery Biscuits  ^_^

Why? Too hard for you, talentless clown?

No competition is complete without a little smack talk, but it did have to start with two chubby guys fighting over biscuits? :P

Well it sure beats fighting over nuts ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would consider them independant professional but the term "minor" to me at least implies your ability to work up from out of it.

You can work your way "up from out of" an independent minor-league: your contract is purchased from your independent minor league or team by a major league organization.

A minor-league team is, by definition, a non-major league team. Minor league teams can either be affiliated or independent.

WiB, i sent you a PM yesterday, not sure if you got it.

Question: Are we allowed to do defunct teams? I had a single-A team in my hometown up until a couple years ago, when they moved.

are we bound only to use the colors they use in their pallate, or can we add natural colors to whatever object we are making, for example, if i were making a logo for a cat, and the colors are orange and blue, but i wanted the eyes to be yellow. what im making has something that doesnt show up on the color scheme. Wanting to make sure thats cool.

WiB, i sent you a PM yesterday, not sure if you got it.

Question: Are we allowed to do defunct teams? I had a single-A team in my hometown up until a couple years ago, when they moved.

See:

If it's not part of the major league farm system, then no.

Also, current teams only.

Use minorleaguebaseball.com if you need an additional reference.

Also:

I will serve as referee, and will answer any questions about rules and event criteria. Questions must be asked, and will be answered, within the event thread. I will not respond to PMs, instant messages or personal emails about an event until it ends. I will also have the final decision in any disputes. 

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

are we bound only to use the colors they use in their pallate, or can we add natural colors to whatever object we are making, for example, if i were making a logo for a cat, and the colors are orange and blue, but i wanted the eyes to be yellow.  what im making has something that doesnt show up on the color scheme. Wanting to make sure thats cool.

Using accent colors are OK, within reason. Using a color that belongs with an element that you're introducing into the design is OK too. Introducing a new color or changing a color without a logical reason are not.

If the colors are orange & blue, you can give the cat yellow eyes. Or, your alt could be the yellow eyes. But, you can't make a yellow cat. Use your best judgement. The idea is to make a logo that fits in with the rest of the team's package.

I haven't entered a contest in a long time (I know it did not cause any riots...) as I got a little ticked with the voting (remember the whole "vote-for-myself-GATE"?), but this time around, WIB has put such efforts into the organization including very tight rules, I have to give it a shot.

Now, my drawing skills are still somewhat limited, but I realized that the only way to improve skills is to practice, and what better motivation than a contest such as this one.

-One of the questions I have, is regarding the judging criteria: what's the importance of "Execution" vs "Concept"? Given the quality of illustrators who participated in the previous Logolympiad, I don't stant a chance if Originality of the concept doesn't way at least 50% of the mark...

Not sure I'll have time to catch the first event, but I'll see what I can do.

Ihave to do some research on those leagues and see if I can get inspired.

(Wow, seems to me that there's way too much GREEN in The Midwest League of Professional Baseball... Also find the Swing logo to be somewaht familiar looking)

Thanks for organizing this.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

You know Frenchie, last year I was in your position.

The Logolympiad was the first contest that got me to try new things. And I must have done something right to win 3 medals. It completely changed the way I do concepts, and all it takes is the different events/scenarios and a little bit of thinking outside the box.

I'm really hoping that there's gonna be alot of people who really come out of nowhere to compete here. I know for sure that epper's one. I don't think anybody realizes how good he is.

One thing I must say is that Paint users are at a huuuuuge disadvantage, but anything is possible.

Oh and I'm positive that voting won't be a problem since it's anonymous.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

One thing I must say is that Paint users are at a huuuuuge disadvantage, but anything is possible.

Perhaps, but if you play with a few tricks here and there in Paint and maybe make good use of other software that you know how to use then you can make something cool as well B)

I saw, I came, I left.

Perhaps, but if you play with a few tricks here and there in Paint and maybe make good use of other software that you know how to use then you can make something cool as well B)

We'll see about that :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

-One of the questions I have, is regarding the judging criteria: what's the importance of "Execution" vs "Concept"? Given the quality of illustrators who participated in the previous Logolympiad, I don't stant a chance if Originality of the concept doesn't way at least 50% of the mark...

Creativity, execution and adhering to the criteria are all equally important.

How people vote is beyond my control.

Oh and I'm positive that voting won't be a problem since it's anonymous.

I would disagree with the Paint comment.

To use paint and produce quality concepts, designers need to look at things in a different light, which ends up putting them in an advantageous positions.

Just give me a list of 5 top Illustrators around here, I guarantee at least 3 are using Paint.

I am convinced too that voting won't be a problem.

And it it were I wouldn't know because I am not entering to win, but to motivate myself to learn the tools.

I have develop some fairly solid PSP skills of late working o NASCAR Racing 2003 templates and am confidet that the next step for me is to start playing with vectors. I was looking at some of my favourite creations from last year and was trying to see how much better they would look if I were to redo them on layers...

Best of Duck to All!

B)

@Frenchie_TO

QUESTION:

In the rules you do mention that Official Colours are to be taken from SSUR and Sportslogo?

They don't have Minor A, do they?

I don't wnat to say who I'm taking, but based on their website, it is really not clear to me what their OFFICIAL Colours are :wacko:

@Frenchie_TO

QUESTION:

In the rules you do mention that Official Colours are to be taken from SSUR and Sportslogo?

I don't wnat to say who I'm taking, but based on their website, it is really not clear to me what their OFFICIAL Colours are :wacko:

Disregard my previous question I found another team.

This team is "AAA" (International) as assume that's good...

@Frenchie_TO

QUESTION:

I don't wnat to say who I'm taking, but based on their website, it is really not clear to me what their OFFICIAL Colours are  :wacko:

Frenchie, I think this is only for A or AA teams - at least that is what the first couple posts in this thread lead me to believe. A am not an official or a judge, but I just don't want you to waste any efforts.

LT

QUESTION:

I don't wnat to say who I'm taking, but based on their website, it is really not clear to me what their OFFICIAL Colours are  :wacko:

Frenchie, I think this is only for A or AA teams - at least that is what the first couple posts in this thread lead me to believe. A am not an official or a judge, but I just don't want you to waste any efforts.

LT

Doh!

WIB:L any ewxceptions for stupid canuck with no knowledge of Baseball and can't make the difference between A, AA & AAA?

I stayed up til 3am cooking up this thing, although it's still looks a little rushed...

You decide, I won't redo another one, Ill focus on Event #2, Crossovers and Unis are more my thing anyway.

Let me know, whatever the decision, I'll go with it...

@Frenchie_TO

Archived