San Diego Octopi Concept

AAO

AAO,

I like what you have done here, but the perspective of the octopus is kind of strange... It seems like you're looking from above, but you detailed only 4 of the 8 tentacles. If you were going to make it look like it is ready to attack (?) you should probably detail all or none of the tentacles.

The tertiary mark looks good, but I doubt that tentacles are in pairs. Try to split them more so that they are almost equidistant to each other.

And this may be my personal taste, but it looks like you love those colors so much that these are the only ones (or slight variations) you have used for your last few concepts...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I don't see this as a bottom-view octupus, it looks like an octopus on top of kelp or something. I think you'd need to see more highlighting on the back legs, or more overlapping of them, because they're too separated with the front 4 and back 4 legs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Another SD Octopi Concept. I say that it SUCKS!

The lack of civility on this board lately is really troubling. I quit going to Fanhome because this board was far superior, more mature, and had members that were friendly and courteous, sharing opinions and ideas.

It's just pathetic that someone goes to the trouble to design something, spend the time to make it look presentable, and then get a childish, stupid response for their effort. If you don't like a concept or idea, explain what and why you don't like it; offer constructive criticism. People are going to disagree, sure, but at 41 that kind of response just strikes me as brainlessly juvenile.

Makes me wonder if we should have a "terms of behavior" agreement. SIGH

AAO, I like where this concept was headed, but the Octopus does look awkard. You've put out some great stuff, but I don't think this one is yet on-par with your usual work. I feel this design is just a step or two from being on the mark. Keep at it!

actually if the name is octopi, maybe consider addint one or two more, but have it in the background color so they dont stand out like the main one.

So where are the rest of your Bighorns?

Just kiddin'

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

actually if the name is octopi, maybe consider addint one or two more, but have it in the background color so they dont stand out like the main one.

So where are the rest of your Bighorns?

Just kiddin'

There are two big horns in the logo, one on both sides. Its just when you get to the weird plural forms of words, sometimes putting more than one makes it flow better.

QUOTE (JH42XCC @ Friday, June 17th, 2005 - 08:00:26)

Way to be an :censored: bud. Keep it up, and you probably aren't likely to be around much longer.

So here's my question, are you guys saying criticism isn't allowed, or that criticism should be constructive? I've seen things on the board that I think "sucks" but haven't come out and said it... or I've disagreed with people's opinions, but kept to myself (basicly because my artistic abilities have me on a Lite-Brite level).

Thanks, and you all suck (j/k!)

Way to be an :censored: bud. Keep it up, and you probably aren't likely to be around much longer.

So here's my question, are you guys saying criticism isn't allowed, or that criticism should be constructive? I've seen things on the board that I think "sucks" but haven't come out and said it... or I've disagreed with people's opinions, but kept to myself (basicly because my artistic abilities have me on a Lite-Brite level).

constructive critcism is wanted. Not "this blows" or "Quit trying" or "Steve-o, dude how many times we want you to just to stop living" you know stuff like that isn't wanted nor nice.

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

constructive critcism is wanted. Not "this blows" or "Quit trying" or "Steve-o, dude how many times we want you to just to stop living" you know stuff like that isn't wanted nor nice.

Criticism? I say it should be CONSTRUCTIVE!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Criticism? I say it should be CONSTRUCTIVE!

what the hell are you talking about?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived