Coolest Game Used Sports Item You Have

jWilson4mvp

Rob Branch Goalie stick from 2001. He used to play here in Topeka. Kamloops Blazers fans might remember him from the 1994 & 1995 Memorial Cup Champions. He's a good friend of mine, so it makes it more valuable to me.

Uggh I remember him. Nothing made me happier than when the 90's ended and the Blazers were no longer in the same division as the TBirds. ^_^

Great goalie though. Much respect.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got herpes from Ron Mexico does that count? ^_^

But in all seriousnees I don't own any game used material but if I could own one it would be one Barry Bonds' elbow guards, those things look cool IMO.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I have two authentic bats given to me by Minor Leaguers...

One of them is from Tony Pena Jr. (Yes, he is the son of Tony Pena), and from a guy who played for the Buffalo Bisons in the late 90s (Or early 00's) that wore number 44...

Say, think it could be Richie Sexson?

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I have three things, I guess.

1. This is not game used, but I have a Twins jersey that was made for Radke to wear. He did not. I think it went unused because they switched patches the following year. (I have the old "TC" patch).

2. A Jason Zent game-worn Flyers jersey (pre-season). Becaues it was pre-season of a nobody player, it was not too pricy. Actually, it is not mine but my wife's. Zent played at Wisconsin and my wife is a big UW hockey fan. Zent was one of her two favorite players from her youth. It's pretty cool. Lots of stick/puck marks. You can see where another (longer) nameplate used to be.

3. Rob Wilfong cracked bat--Twins early 1980s. My dad's cousin was a batboy for the Twins in the early 1980s and got me the bat.

Edit: I also have game used Wisconsin football pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Got a bunch of baseball stuff when there was a AA team in Waterbury, CT (while I was there, the Reds, Angels, & Indians had affiliates there...until after 1986 when the Tribe moved the team to Williamsport, PA)

Bunch of foul balls that I got signed by various players from teams around the league...prized amongst these are the ones that got inked by guys that made The Show, most noteably Curt Schilling, Paul O'Neill, Chris Sabo, Wally Joyner, Jay Bell, & Darren Daulton.

However, my most prized possession from the Waterbury AA days was a Wally Joyner game used bat....the Angels had their AA affiliate in Waterbury for just one year, but getting to see the beginnings of Wally World was pretty much worth it B)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I have a game-used helmet from the University of Missouri, circa 1983-84 that my mom bought me at a booster club auction in 1985. I've since updated the decals - Mizzou's equipment manager was extremely nice in providing me with new decals when the team changed them in 1996.

As far as architectural relics go, I've got a brick from the old St. Louis Arena and have already placed my order for a pair of seats from Busch Stadium II.

1. This is not game used, but I have a Twins jersey that was made for Radke to wear. He did not. I think it went unused because they switched patches the following year. (I have the old "TC" patch).

Usually teams will make back-up jerseys for players in case of it being torn, or lost, or whatever -- you'll find a lot of "Game issued" jerseys for players who didn't make it past Spring Training.

Game issued jerseys that I have:

1991 Jays Road jersey with "Rhodes" on the back and the '91 all-star game patch

1998 Jays Home jersey with "Lennon" on the back (I thought it was too perfect for me :))

The Jays team shop at Rogers Centre sells them for $100 Cdn ($300 Cdn for anything pre-1989)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have a piece of Veterans Stadium astroturf.

The Vet was a dump. But it was our dump, damn it!

I have seats. Please don't call it a dump. :mad:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have some different players' hockey sticks but only one or two of them are game-used.

i got a ball from tony batista at an o's game a couple years ago when he caught a foul ground ball behind third base and just kept running to the first row seats and gave it to me and maybe a foul from an angel game one time but i think someone flipped it in the stands or something.

and i got a puck that flipped over the glass into the first row where i was sitting during a kings' game at the old great western forum.

:hockeysmiley:

teamsnew2.png

I have some different players' hockey sticks but only one or two of them are game-used.

i got a ball from tony batista at an o's game a couple years ago when he caught a foul ground ball behind third base and just kept running to the first row seats and gave it to me and maybe a foul from an angel game one time but i think someone flipped it in the stands or something.

and i got a puck that flipped over the glass into the first row where i was sitting during a kings' game at the old great western forum.

teamsnew2.png

teamsnew2.png

teamsnew2.png

teamsnew2.png

I got Former Hartford Whalers tough guy Scott Daniels stick from a charity game in 2000. Surprising enough, the tape on the stick is green and blue.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Game-worn items in my collection:

A Jazz purple road jersey from the 80's with #50 (player name removed)

An Idaho Vandals gold basketball jersey worn by #15 Justin Logan

These ones may have been game-worn, but I'm not sure:

A Campbell University orange road basketball jersey #23 (no name)

A UConn home blue football jersey #83 (no name)

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

The goalkeeper jersey worn by Adin Brown in the last ever Tampa Bay Mutiny game.

Other gameworn items:

Springfield Falcons pregame jersey, worn by Brian Eklund.

Nikita Alexeev hockey stick.

An older Lightning player's stick. It's an old Easton T-Flex, no name or number on it but some scrapes and gouges.

Archived