When NHL Teams Trade Colors

Chief.

Sorry to hijack your thread (tell me if you want me to take these down), but I just had to give these a go:

Recolour.jpg

I picked the teams based on number of colours, then tried to use the colours in a way that was faithful to the original source, in terms of where each colour was used (border colour, main colour, highlight colour, lowlight colour).

I think the Thrashers logo looks OK in Preds colours, except for the stick's lowlights, and I think it's just as well the Jaguars don't swap colours with the Wild *shudder*.

I would have liked to try the Wild with the Oilers, but brandsoftheworld.com doesn't have the current Oilers colours.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hijack your thread (tell me if you want me to take these down), but I just had to give these a go:

Recolour.jpg

I picked the teams based on number of colours, then tried to use the colours in a way that was faithful to the original source, in terms of where each colour was used (border colour, main colour, highlight colour, lowlight colour).

I think the Thrashers logo looks OK in Preds colours, except for the stick's lowlights, and I think it's just as well the Jaguars don't swap colours with the Wild *shudder*.

I would have liked to try the Wild with the Oilers, but brandsoftheworld.com doesn't have the current Oilers colours.

The Predator looks REALLY good like that.

The Panther sort of looks like a translucent Christmas cat from hell.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

michoh7xt.jpg

Nice. I'm going out to Columbus in September, I should get that Michigan done in red and silver.

Speaking of which, I am guessing the "HT" and "Hawk" refer to Haddon Twp. High in NJ. Why did you guys drop your old uniforms, which looked just like Ohio State, in favor of that mess you're wearing now, with the Iowa Hawkeyes' logo and the jerseys with the colored yokes? I'm not sure how far back you go with HTHS, and I am probably dating myself, but still...

(... and GO DAWGS!!)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The HTHawk himself inspired me. This one hits particularly close to home. I chose against Duke, since the colors were too similar. And I've actually seen the UNC hats in fashion colors, including red. Very jarring. Enjoy.

And, as always... GTHNCSU.gif

rivals.gif

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I know you put the Wings in Leafs blue, but what about Wings in Blues colors and Blues in Wings colors? :hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 1 month later...
How did you choose which 2 teams would switch their colors?  If you really want to hack off the populace, pair up blood rivals.  I know it's been done, but it's always good for an argument...

Reminds me of this:

sf_dogs.gif

la_jints.gif

Yikes! I need to show my dad this, being a former Dodger fan, before the D-Backs move in.

Archived