Sign in to follow this  
DawgPacPBH

Tampa Rays concept

I'm not sure I would call that "old school," at least as far as the school of uniform design goes.

I'm not sure I would call that "old school," at least as far as the school of uniform design goes.

well i only said old school because of the Rays color scheme. I used the ugly gradient on the wordmarks that was used for the first 2 or so years of their existence, so its old school D-Rays.

You know what? I actually like the "T". That could be a good start for a new wordmark.

Actually, there's a lot of good things beginning to happen here.

I'm not sure about the staggered wordmark or (especially) the gradient in the numberals.

But I really love the colors. Lime green, banana yellow, and dark purple. Nice.

As odd as these are, I think they are pretty nice, but I don't like the gradient - so I took the Devil Ray's log and colored it keeping the boldness without the gradient - I think it may help this concept out some.

tbdvlry.jpg

photobucket is my friend.

Tampa Rays? Anticipating that the same representitve who suggested the NJ Devils change thier name is gonna move to Florida?

Quoting Nelson Muntz: "I said 'Ha Ha'!"

And at least you did say haha. DOWN WITH GRADIENTS!

Tampa Rays? Anticipating that the same representitve who suggested the NJ Devils change thier name is gonna move to Florida?

Haha. I remember hearing a few years ago about a group of people who wanted the name changed because the word Yar (Ray spelled backwards) has something to do with the occult. Yar plus the word devil was just too much for them to handle.