Name That Font!

pcgd

On 11/8/2019 at 8:16 AM, TonyPaulis said:

spacer.pngAnybody know this font, its off the back of Barry Sanders helmet in the mid 90s

Hey man, I know you've been everywhere trying to find an exact font, but this looks like just a super generic athletic block that would be pretty easy to trace.

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

j0n2mdp.png

I'll describe where is a problem. I used that font around 5 years ago to made Spurs from 74 preseason and now I want to use this font again, but I completly forgotten name or where I got it. Whatfont and other site didn't show me exact this font, but very similair (Maybe I edited it? Don't remember). Any help will be appreciate. :)

That's just the serif version of the MLB block that the Brewers throwback and the Twins use.

• Like 1

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

14 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

That's just the serif version of the MLB block that the Brewers throwback and the Twins use.

Thank you, I'll check that.

6 hours ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Anyone know the font the Islanders use for their alternate jersey?

V6I9Uzm.jpg

This font is Prohibition.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Anyone know the name of the Jets new number font?

That's a custom font.  What I do for new custom fonts like the Jets among others is go to online team shops and look for youth jerseys because those are usually not distorted, or the team's Instagram or Twitter and build it up from various graphics.  In the case of the Jets, it's got a extremely elementary construction with a consistent-degree cut angles typical of most athletic blocks with the only "hard" part being changing the weight of the middle bar for 3 and 8 to be skinnier.

If you want a reference, this is what I put together:

qfCqyBd.png

Or Chris posts the number font outright and makes it so much easier.  Thanks for making it super easy for the Padres, boss.

• Like 3

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, all!
Looking for the name of the font the Avs switched to for their jersey nameplates starting in 2017.

spacer.png

The font is VERY similar to their old font, but there are distinct differences between some of the letters. The C and G for instance.
I tried Whatthefont with just the below (to lessen curvature) and got no accurate results.
spacer.png

Really, REALLY would love either the font name, or if it's custom and somebody here has put one together, a link would be a beaut.

Thanks in advance!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

On 11/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Anyone know the closest font to this new Brewers one?

gM9zpzj.jpg

That's definitely a custom font.

But on Brewers.com's New Logo page, they use it a lot.

And there are ways to download fonts used on websites.

But I didn't tell you that.

• Like 2

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

11 hours ago, StPatty33 said:

Hey, all!
Looking for the name of the font the Avs switched to for their jersey nameplates starting in 2017.

spacer.png

The font is VERY similar to their old font, but there are distinct differences between some of the letters. The C and G for instance.
I tried Whatthefont with just the below (to lessen curvature) and got no accurate results.
spacer.png

Really, REALLY would love either the font name, or if it's custom and somebody here has put one together, a link would be a beaut.

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, slapshot said:

I think it's some form of Antenna.

That's close, but I think even closer is Good News Sans SemiBold Condensed, but with various tweaks to the G and S among others.

Also, I find What Font Is to be a tad more accurate than WhatTheFont, which is where I found Good News Sans for you.

• Like 1

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

Anyone know what the font is that the London Knights currently use? Thanks!

<snip>

The team wordmark looks like a condensed version of Brothers. The text at the top of the image is likely something from the DIN family.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious about the font used for numbers (and likely the wordmark) here:

I think it's a Clarendon variant, I'm just not sure which version.

I had to google the jersey because the image wasn't loading for me but the numbers are Clarendon Bold. The wordmark is a different font altogether.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious about the font used for numbers (and likely the wordmark) here:

I think it's a Clarendon variant, I'm just not sure which version.

10 hours ago, gsn93 said:

I had to google the jersey because the image wasn't loading for me but the numbers are Clarendon Bold. The wordmark is a different font altogether.

It most definitely started off as Clarendon.  The wordmark looks like an alteration of Clarendon Regular (URW is a solid choice for a base Clarendon): adding extra curves on the H and A, making the counter of the O into a capsule shape, flattening the top of C's barb and also thickening its stem, and flipping the upper curves on the T's serifs and stem.  The numbers look like a bad trace of Clarendon Regular that you might find on dafont, however.  I would then suggest using stills from the uniforms in action and tracing them yourself to be more accurate to the on field product than hand-warping Clarendon Regular would be.

• Like 2

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Anyone want to help me ID the font the Penguins use for the NOB and #OB for their jerseys? 

Looks like the NFL #OB block font for the Penguins #OB, the NFL TV number block for the Penguins sleeve numbers, and the Raiders' condensed NOB block for the Penguins NOB.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png