Jump to content

Name That Font!


pcgd

Recommended Posts

On 11/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, pepis21 said:

I'm looking for Magic font from their City jersey. Myfonts and Whatfontis haven't got it and this isn't their exact retro font:

 

I'm aware it might be a custom one but I hope not.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:49 PM, Tore said:

@pepis21 the font is called Van Dijk. 

You're right, the 90s Magic logo is based off of Van Dijk, but as pepis21 pointed out, the numbers are different.  I haven't had time to look for it myself, but I'll trace some of the numbers and see what I can find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2020 at 6:38 AM, packerfan21396 said:

You're right, the 90s Magic logo is based off of Van Dijk, but as pepis21 pointed out, the numbers are different.  I haven't had time to look for it myself, but I'll trace some of the numbers and see what I can find.

 

It would be nice! Meanwhile I'll try to modify Van Dijk in Font Creator maybe something will born from that.

By the way, I'll have a request to you for the Marquette numbers you showed in this topic. They could be useful for the NCAA mod which my mates prepare for 2k14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

It would be nice! Meanwhile I'll try to modify Van Dijk in Font Creator maybe something will born from that.

By the way, I'll have a request to you for the Marquette numbers you showed in this topic. They could be useful for the NCAA mod which my mates prepare for 2k14.

After cleaning up the 0, 1, 2, 4, and 6 I was able to find, I wasn't able to find anything as well, but I think the closest match would be just to clean up Van Dijk a bit and make the 6 and 9 connected instead of a spiral, or just wait until jerseys hit online marketplaces for more numbers to come out and in higher quality.  An italic sign painting font might help as a base as well.

 

10 hours ago, RebelNutt18 said:

Looking for something similar to the Ole Miss font. The team wore these in 2006 as a throwback, but I can not find a font that is even close really. Any ideas? It could be a custom, but anything close to this would be great for me. Thanks. 

OLE MISS is a spurred Geometric Slabserif 703 Extra Bold Condensed (a great descriptive name for an extended Memphis) and the numbers look like Nike Kansas 2 with extra inverted spurs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slapshot said:

There it is.  Makes sense, they're both designed by the same foundry, so I assume that Prohibition is a sans serif Gin that I was describing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, benny15910 said:

What fonts are used by Notre Dame?

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Not sure about their script. That one is likely a custom. 

 

The NOTRE DAME wordmark I believe is in their proprietary font "Leahy" which they keep under lock and key.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, benny15910 said:

What fonts are used by Notre Dame?

8 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Not sure about their script. That one is likely a custom. 

 

The NOTRE DAME wordmark I believe is in their proprietary font "Leahy" which they keep under lock and key.  

@colinturner95 nailed it, but if there was a 2015 media guide .pdf out there not hosted on issuu, you could potentially reverse engineer the font, but that's still a longshot.  I'm not sure what your needs with Leahy are, but good ol screenshotting and fuzzy selecting/magic wanding might be the way you get the letters you need with what's out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2020 at 12:39 AM, packerfan21396 said:

@colinturner95 nailed it, but if there was a 2015 media guide .pdf out there not hosted on issuu, you could potentially reverse engineer the font, but that's still a longshot.  I'm not sure what your needs with Leahy are, but good ol screenshotting and fuzzy selecting/magic wanding might be the way you get the letters you need with what's out there.

@benny15910

 

There's a one page PDF out there that I believe is fully vectored. It's not gonna give you the full font but it's enough to get you started I think. there are also images showcasing the full font, so like packerfan said, you could reverse engineer the font from that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:38 AM, packerfan21396 said:

I haven't had time to look for it myself, but I'll trace some of the numbers and see what I can find.

 

My mate Rhown extract those numbers from 2k21 I put them on what font is, what the font and it look like a custom font.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.