pcgd

Name That Font!

numberstrip.png

It's the second-from-bottom font in the provided number sheet in the concepts forum. Closest NFL font I've noticed is the Dolphins', but it's not an exact match because this font is less blocky and more curvy (if that makes sense.)

Kirsty Bold

EDIT: Link added.

Edited by gregjigga5

Anyone can tell me what is the font used on NFL fields for numbering and where I may find it? I've seen it on some NFL field templates, and it's the font used at Ford Field among other stadiums. Any help would be much appreciated, and you'd have my gratitude. Once again, thanks.

Here's the field with the font in question......

nflupdateoc4.jpg

Can anyone tell me the "Wes Anderson" font? I'm sure it's obvious but I'm new to the whole identifying of these things.

wesanderson.png

one of the many flavors of "Futura"

For the 1996 NBA All Star Weekend logo, what is the font for the "San Antonio '96" script?

.......Nevermind, it was probably hand-drawn, I guess.

nfltext.jpg

Anyone know the fonts for the NFL system??

I believe it's Endzone Condensed which is a proprietary font.

It's part of a large font family called "Thesis". There is "The Sans" and "The Serif", and most NFL graphics use "The Serif", including Preseason, Playoffs and Championship games, and also for the fonts on the referees' uniforms.

http://www.lucasfonts.com/cgi-bin/loadfram...rif/serif-.html

nfltext.jpg

Anyone know the fonts for the NFL system??

I believe it's Endzone Condensed which is a proprietary font.

It's part of a large font family called "Thesis". There is "The Sans" and "The Serif", and most NFL graphics use "The Serif", including Preseason, Playoffs and Championship games, and also for the fonts on the referees' uniforms.

http://www.lucasfonts.com/cgi-bin/loadfram...rif/serif-.html

I hate to correct you but I have been using the Thesis family for over 2 years and this is not it ;).

The serifs on the fonts are completly wrong as well as most of the character set.

yup, it's Endzone and it's the NFL's own font.

Do any of you have proof that this is the NFL's official font? All I found when searching for "Endzone" was a list on a freeware site that had no visual examples.

well, it's all over the preseason, playoffs, and pro bowl graphics, as well as the NFL's advertising banners, the non-condensed version is used on the nflshop.com graphics, and it's definitely not a match for thesis.

Right..I stand corrected on the Thesis argument. I just have never seen anything that confirms that Endzone was the name of the official font. I'd like to see some graphic along that line (and maybe a copy of the font too...)

endzone.jpg

Means...

Am I correct and assuming that this is a NFL Properties typeface and is not available to the general public?

If not where can I get it so I can let my client and designers know?

Thanks a bunch.