Name That Font!

pcgd

• 2 weeks later...

Any insights into what this font is for the numbers from the Cubs 1997 throwback game?

Cubs1997Throwbackfont.jpg

You care barely make out the serifs on the "1" on Ray Sanchez back in this shot if that helps.

WhiteSox1997Throwbackfont.jpg

Also, is it the same font as the White Sox used? From what you can see of the "4" in the first Cubs shot, it looks the same as this one.

CubsSoxtbtc6-16-97.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This is kinda sad to ask, but does anybody know what font this is on the front of our ballpark?:

Hammons%20Field%20fw2.jpg

I'm working on a stadium logo, but need to use this font. It's pretty basic I know, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is and I need to get this artwork done so I can get it to the printers to have t-shirts with the logo for the Texas League All-Star Game on wednesday. Thanks for any help, even if it's just a font similar to it. Let me know if a better pic is needed or you can just Google "Hammons Field" and find one. Thanks.

Anyone have an idea what the basis for the NFL Chargers wordmark could be?

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=gkt5r8wjerhql9hlwxiesw6gv

It's similar to the font used by NHL Calgary's Alternate jersey font.

http://www.abstractfonts.com/image/font-pr...ternate.ttf.png

The two are quite similar, but the Calgary jersey font has added serifs. If anyone can identify it that would be great!!

Thanks,

Joe

chargers.png

Been trying to figure this one out for some time...

When the Braves introduced the "feather on the sleeve" jerseys, they used a unique font for the first season then went to varsity the next year. A few years following that, the Astros used a similar font on the "tequila sunrise" jerseys. Examples from Bill Henderson's style guide:

ian_braves_astros.jpg

Question #1 is: Is this the same font?

and...

Question #2 is: Presuming it's a custom font from way back when, is there anything out there (TTF) which is similar?

Thanks always!!!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg