Name That Font!

pcgd

What font is the estimated weight/volume 'e' found on packaging/

e-mark.gif

That might just be a custom mark. I first noticed it when I went to England 20 years ago.

Upon further research, I stumbled across this:

Estimated Sign

One product-labelling requirement of the European Union is that prepackaged liquids conventionally sold by volume or mass may have an estimate of the weight of the liquid also printed on the label. What the sign means is that the stated volume or mass complies with specific rules concerning permitted average and maximum deviations from the stated value. As that organization consists of countries that use many different languages, a unique symbol has been developed to aid recognition. Other laws have been passed to use this symbol for a few rare additional purposes. The estimated sign looks like a minuscule "e". But its exact shape is as much geometrically specified as any of the projects to construct letters of the alphabet during the Renaissance. No other minuscule "e" is permitted by law. This sign has been added to the Unicode list of characters, among others, just as the symbol for the Euro has been, and can be considered a new basic character in a typeface. It is character U+212E (℮).

And more can be found here.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What font is the estimated weight/volume 'e' found on packaging/

e-mark.gif

That might just be a custom mark. I first noticed it when I went to England 20 years ago.

Upon further research, I stumbled across this:

Estimated Sign

One product-labelling requirement of the European Union is that prepackaged liquids conventionally sold by volume or mass may have an estimate of the weight of the liquid also printed on the label. What the sign means is that the stated volume or mass complies with specific rules concerning permitted average and maximum deviations from the stated value. As that organization consists of countries that use many different languages, a unique symbol has been developed to aid recognition. Other laws have been passed to use this symbol for a few rare additional purposes. The estimated sign looks like a minuscule "e". But its exact shape is as much geometrically specified as any of the projects to construct letters of the alphabet during the Renaissance. No other minuscule "e" is permitted by law. This sign has been added to the Unicode list of characters, among others, just as the symbol for the Euro has been, and can be considered a new basic character in a typeface. It is character U+212E (℮).

And more can be found here.

what a b*tch, this has been driving me mad for months everytime i've had to use it, and its so easy to find using Character map<embarassed Smiley>. Thanks a lot mate

logo.png

Could someone tell me the font used for MLB The Show 08

mlb08.jpg

Appears to be Compacta to me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

mlb08.jpg

"MLB 08" looks like Compacta to me as well, but I think "The Show" looks more like Eurostile Bold Condensed.

Upon closer inspection...you may be right.

Aiight JP22...where you at mayn???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

mlb08.jpg

"MLB 08" looks like Compacta to me as well, but I think "The Show" looks more like Eurostile Bold Condensed.

Upon closer inspection...you may be right.

Aiight JP22...where you at mayn???

Like some of the great Renaissance masters, I'm letting my interns run the shop for a while... :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016