Umass unveils new logos

TruColor

There is no gold in the school's colors. No need to add it when it wasn't there to begin with. It's like adding black when it wasn't there to begin with (listening, Royals and Mets?).

That said, this logo is a lot better than what they had. But they'll still be U-(backside) to me.

(UConn alum, Class of '98, if anyone cares.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Seriously yhollander... does this guy look like the Ex-Lax just kicked in, or what?

Everything, from the strained look on his face to the curling fist to the posture says, "Now where am I going to find some White Cloud in the middle of a battlefield?"

"Does a bear poop in the woods?"

"No... but the UMass Minutemen does!"

Come to think of it, maybe that's why the A-S-S in UMass was designed to stand out in that slightly smaller lettering. It's all part of a subliminal message that will communicate to students and alumni alike that Massachusetts state budget cuts can only mean one thing: $hi++y sports teams!

Brian in Boston

I like the Logo but the WordMark does the logo no justice. I mean come on couldn't they have come up with something just a little more creative. Why not an Old English Style font?

I don't know about an old english-style font (it's hard to read quickly), but they definetly could have been more creative with the word mark.

I hate how the "ass" is smaller than the "M"... I can understand having the "U" larger than the rest, but it terraces funny and disconnects the "Mass" part.

I hate how the "ass" is smaller than the "M"... I can understand having the "U" larger than the rest, but it terraces funny and disconnects the "Mass" part.

It mirrors the old logo, which had the very large script U, then a smaller M, then the smaller-yet lowercase "ass." In this case, they're going with lower-caps (for a lack of a better term) in all of the wordmarks, including the "UMass" in the primary logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

and phoenix was on a roll too...one logo in a row that was worthy of being a logo...this is underwhelming.  aw hell, the world is not over yet :)  phoenix has more time to create the worst logos ever :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

For some reason, the face reminds me of the Patriots' flying-Elvis face, from a different angle.

Not bad, but I would've appreciated a little more shading in the face... a middle-ground between Phoenix's 76ers guy and this guy.

Not bad though... maybe a little cookie-cutter, but after some of the so-so experimental stuff lately, maybe a little conformity for a change isn't a bad thing.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I hate how the "ass" is smaller...

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

:P

Just kidding, the logo looks like the same uninspired Phoenix Design Works crap to me.  It just looks way too literal, and I think good logos have to be at least somewhat abstract in their interpretation.  And the typeface they use for the wordmark is boring.

QPR%20Sig.png

This logo continues to grow on me. It's certainly a marked improvement over what they had been using. The only thing that I might change would be how far they have the Minuteman leaning over. I would probably tilt him a bit more upright. I realize that he's supposed to be moving forward, but he almost looks as though he's falling down. other tahn that, I REALLY like it.

Brian in Boston

I like it, it's new and fresh.  The old logo "inhaled quickly" ... it is non-flashy, but what "Minutemen" are?  There is a sense of "tradition" with this and you don't go messing with HISTORY and our image of "what was".  It has a traditional look and Brian in Boston likes it, so there you have it.  As long as Brian likes it, so should the rest of us (not making fun of Brian).  Anyway, it's far better than the old logo!

Go Minutemen!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived