LOGOLYMPIAD: Event 4

are alt. jerseys allowed?

asked & answered.

i dont see it asked or answered...I only see something about 2 dark colored unis and discussion about sticks and pucks...

I would guess that when WIB responded:

"

I didn't specify, so you can use two dark sets if you like.

Don't know if that will help you or hurt you with the judges, though."

two darks would have been, one Home and One ALT.

And I agree with you that the silly Stick and Puck conversation was way too long and OUT of PLACE.

If someone has an issue with the use of hockey sticks in Pro Hockey Teams' logos, they should start a new thread in the propoer section of the forum, not hijack the contest thread.

I hope someone actually use sticks and get a good mark from the judges. I would do it, but my drawing abilitites are too limited to make it work.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Look at the other sports:  at least 20 of the 30 nba teams have an easily discernable basketball in their logo, the mlb is a bit better with 12 of the 30 teams having an obvious baseball in their logo.  Meanwhile only 6 NHL teams have sticks in their logos.  The NFL, is the best with only 2 teams having an obvious football in their logo (guess which one!).

Just food for thought.

Look at minor league hockey sometime though. 80-90% of them have some reference to a stick or puck of some sort - and in many cases, it detracts from the team's overall look.

but I don't think that should be grounds for disqualification, maybe the judges will just think less highly of a logo with a stick in it.

Don't know why you're second guessing the Judges' ability to recognize a good concept, with or without a hockey stick.

I don't want to dwell on this topic, or if we do, maybe we need to start a new thread, but it's my opinions that 2 of the top logos in the NHL right now have hockey stick or hockey related element. My favorite "Retro" logo in the original Canucks'.

Bottom line is a good design is a good design, and you can bet the judges will judge it accordingly.

@Frenchie_TO

I haven't seen a stick cause so much outrage since Pee Wee Herman had his out in public.

ROTFL!!!

Way to break the tension !!!

No more stick talk!

@Frenchie_TO

Wow, I know it was a coincident but if I remember correct this is the almost he exact same challenge as a webdav challenge (remebr those). That was for a NHL hockey team and wou needed all the marks but not jersey's. However that was I think 2 years ago so I doubt we will see any re-submitions.

asked & answered.

i dont see it asked or answered...I only see something about 2 dark colored unis and discussion about sticks and pucks...

"

Precisely.

Get those entries in guys! This event has been pretty light so far.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

asked & answered.

"

Precisely.

Get those entries in guys! This event has been pretty light so far.

Light, but Quality, right?

Huuummm! does that mean that I may have chance to make it to the voting round?

B)

@Frenchie_TO

Archived