Oakland Invaders Uniform

quantum

Inspired by the Dolphins graphics included in the vector template from the SSUR.org, I decided to update the Oakland Invaders.

Oakland-Invaders.png

C&C appreciated.

Thanks.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Yeah; way too much.

WTF is with the sun rays around the helmet circle?

I thought the switch to sun rays accentuated the energy from the lightning bolt. Plus, to me it gave it a "California feel". This was kind of a prediction if they would've been around for an update.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

is that the logo from madden?

It's similar to one used on Madden, but it's actually from an old USFL team as mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Here's the original helmet.

invaders_logo.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Everything about the Invaders original scheme, from the nickname to the gold and blue, spelled "Raiders wannabes." And at the time they played the Raidaaahs were down in La-La land.

Your conept is OK, but it doesn't convey the intent that it was supposed to. It's just to laid-back for a city like Oakland. It might be alright for say, San Jose. But never Oakland! B):mad:B)

When I think "Oakland Invaders", I think of the awesome logo, and I think of that darker-than-mustard yellow they wore, almost an orange-yellow. There isn't enough of it in the concept, and as a result, the whole thing comes across as very blue-dominant, which doesn't fit with the Invaders.

Yellow numbers, yellow pants, something yellow would make this set 1000 times better, IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

When I think "Oakland Invaders", I think of the awesome logo, and I think of that darker-than-mustard yellow they wore, almost an orange-yellow. There isn't enough of it in the concept, and as a result, the whole thing comes across as very blue-dominant, which doesn't fit with the Invaders.

Yellow numbers, yellow pants, something yellow would make this set 1000 times better, IMO.

"Invader Gold" wasn't as dark as some of these logos you see on the internet. The actual color was 136 C:

USFL Paint Specs

"Invader Gold" wasn't as dark as some of these logos you see on the internet. The actual color was 136 C.

Maybe it's because there is so much white (and a light blue) surrounding thin strips of the Invader Gold, and I am used to seeing the gold in big patches (helmets, pants), but it comes off looking light in this concept. But you're right, that color looks pretty accurate, moreso than some of the more orange representations.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I used the pantone colors from the SSUR.ORG. As for the amount of yellow used, it's fairly comparable to what was used in this pic:

hebert.jpg

The only significant difference is the treatment of the helmet. I thought this approach brought more color balance between the helmet and pants, and allowed for the striping to be consistant.

shysters_sm.jpg

The only significant difference is the treatment of the helmet. I thought this approach brought more color balance between the helmet and pants, and allowed for the striping to be consistant.

I like the approach you took to the helmet and enjoy the balance it brings to the pants as well as the consistent striping beetween the two.

Wonder if maybe you used the navy blue for the sunburst around the circle filled in the circle of lighting bolt with the gold color?

Otherwise, I'm enjoying your update a lot and look forward to your next version.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

:notworthy: quantum - I like these unis - great work

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Everything about the Invaders original scheme, from the nickname to the gold and blue, spelled "Raiders wannabes." And at the time they played the Raidaaahs were down in La-La land.

Your conept is OK, but it doesn't convey the intent that it was supposed to. It's just to laid-back for a city like Oakland. It might be alright for say, San Jose. But never Oakland! B):mad:B)

I guess green and yellow arent too laid back either :D

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

Archived